Howard's Victorian / Steampunk TOS Phaser.

Cheese Louise, Howard
Absolutely beautiful. It has the vibe of practicality.
You really have a way with the steam, my friend.

That is a work of art my friend. I normally don't really like the star trek side of things, but that is one amazing build.

I still can't figure out how you get those perfect bends in the brass tubing :lol

Good luck with the sale, it should go for a pretty penny!
Chris

Gorgeous, Howard! You've done it again! :love

May I ask a few questions about your process?

To what degree did you envision and/or diagram this piece before you actually started building? Did you get together a bunch of pieces first and then imagine how they might go together, or did you have a clear mental image and then find/make parts to match? Or was it a combination of the two? And how did your vision evolve as you actually built the piece?

It's a lot to ask, but any thoughts you can share will be very gratefully received. You're so gifted at creating these pieces (the cutaway sabers and now this lovely Victorian phaser), and I'm curious about how you work. Whatever it is you're doing, the results are consistently stunning.

Lastly, two questions, if I may, about the finished piece:

Would you tell us which are moving parts?

And which of the moving parts, if any, are "functional" (e.g., do those interlocking gears on the "ten-turn" actually rotate each other)?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back