Blade of Darkness' Iron Man Project

bladeofdarkness

Hey there everyone,

I'm new here, but I've decided on an ambitious project for the summer. After seeing Iron Man, I thought how awesome it would be to have a suit like that. So after looking around on the internet, finding sites like this one, and being inspired by the other suits that are being made, I figured I'd make my own.

I currently have the helmet, that I bought from Weasleflinger (absolutely brilliant), which is separated into 2 parts, basically the helmet itself and a little back section which fits on. Well at least, I'm trying to fit it on. I want to use magnets to keep it together, but I'm at a loss as to how to embed them into the helmet. It's made out of fiberglass, with a gel-coating so if any of you more experienced members can give me any tips on magnetizing helmets I'd really appreciate it.

Once I get the helmet done I'm hoping to begin the chest and back armour, and I'll get some pictures up in a bit.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back