X-wing: Salzo kit or wait for a licensee to replace MR?

belloq

Sr Member
I don't do a lot of modelling myself but I do collect. I have a finished CC x-wing. I was hoping to get the MR x-wing as an upgrade and was very disappointed when it was cancelled. I've heard a lot about the Salzo version but it seems it is not produced any longer. My questions: Do I really need the Salzo version and if so, is ebay the only source, OR- Should I just wait for someone to pick up the x-wing project that MR wasn't able to complete? After hearing so much about the work at MR on the x-wing, a new licensee is sure to just pick it up where MR left off, right? Wasn't MR very close to mass-production at the time the license renewal negotiation failed?

Pick up a Salzo kit and build it yourself :cool
That's a lot of fun if you take yourself enough time to practice.
When it's finished you can look at it and know it's special.

Id get a Salzo, but the like Frank said, it depends on wheter you collect or build!
The Salzo Hero is a wonderful bird, but then, if Moe or Frank ever release one, wow, what a day that would be :)

lee

We won't - but ... I have just sold my "woodwork" x-wing fuselage to another guy who might release a 2nd edition of a Incom T65 in the future.

Thats because....MOE and I have nothing but respect for the folks who have put hard effort into bring kits into production. Not to mention we consider Salzo a friend of ours, but even if he wasnt, would would treat him as we would want to be treated.

UNLIKE THOSE other people who have the audacity to RECAST someone else's work for thier own profit. Many of those previously identified on this BOARD.

No, we Dont have "copy right" but lets not go there. We ALL know what we do and why.

Long Live the Hobby.
Long Live the Hobbiest.

Thats because....MOE and I have nothing but respect for the folks who have put hard effort into bring kits into production. Not to mention we consider Salzo a friend of ours, but even if he wasnt, would would treat him as we would want to be treated.

UNLIKE THOSE other people who have the audacity to RECAST someone else's work for thier own profit. Many of those previously identified on this BOARD.

No, we Dont have "copy right" but lets not go there. We ALL know what we do and why.

Long Live the Hobby.
Long Live the Hobbiest.

AGREED! And Well Stated Frank! (y)cool:thumbsup

Are you a BUYER? (ie..collect things already made)

or a BUILDER? (like to build and paint your own)

Or both?

I am mainly a buyer. I haven't been courageous enough yet to take on an entire build. I'm mainly interested in acquiring a few screen accurate models by whatever means I can get them. I plan on making the Neisen hero TIE my first complete build (and hope to get help from the experts here when the time comes!) And I'll be one of the first on line for a new accurate x-wing if and when one becomes available.

Lucas Licensing just announced that eFX will develop, manufacture, and distribute collectible, limited edition replicas of full-sized props. With Bryan Ono on board at eFX, I am hoping that we will see a SS X-Wing.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back