Magnum Pi License Paper Prop

sctcarts

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I'm putting together a Christmas gift for my buddy in CA who is a huge MAGNUM P.I. fan, and since he already had the team ring, I decided to create a "Magnum Kit" with the shirt (Paradise Shirts original), a Ferarri key and key fob, a moustache (ha!) and T. Magnum's license.

After looking around for a few weeks now, I've not found any readily available paper props for the license, only these two screen caps:

attachment2.jpg

attachment.jpg

I decided to create it myself (since I do this for a living) and it turned out to be a fun little project. After locating the 3 styles of font used on the license, I also found a picture of TM that seemed suitable enough for the prop. The layout was done in Adobe Photo and Publisher. The sig is photoshopped out of one of the screen caps, the rest is hand built. It took some time and tweaking to find a Hawaii map that was close to the one on the screen used prop, and it's not 100 perfect, but it will do. The photo's were printed seperately and glued on before laminating.

And the finished project:

MAGNUMPILICENSE.jpg

My camera really sucks, so the actual license doesn't have that yellow look to it -it's nice and pristine white. Let me know what you guys think, and I'll post pics of the whole shebang when it's put together and ready to go.

-sctcarts

Great job!

You might want to do a run as a few members here have been looking for someone to tackle this!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back