The most accurate ANH Vader helmet out there?

Thanks so much DJ for sharing. It really does meet virtually every expectation I would have in regard to authenticity...

thanks again,

Thomas

Any chance of a look at the dome mounting/tabs (if present)?

Originally posted by Fatherless One@Mar 1 2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks DJ (and Chris),

Great helmet (and we all love great helmet) ;)

Alan.
[snapback]1196589[/snapback]​

Hey, guys. Glad you enjoy. The "tabs" are gone. I put the telescoping connector in there. Its just WAY more stable. Sorry about that.

And yeah, those two full size shots are blurry because I turned the flash off. I'll try to do a couple more in natural light and see whattup.

Does your helmet have head straps DJ? Can you post some photo's of the back (inside) of you mask?

Alan.

Originally posted by darthjones@Mar 1 2006, 08:42 PM
Hey, guys.  Glad you enjoy.  The "tabs" are gone.  I put the telescoping connector in there.  Its just WAY more stable.  Sorry about that.

And yeah, those two full size shots are blurry because I turned the flash off.  I'll try to do a couple more in natural light and see whattup.
[snapback]1196609[/snapback]​

Originally posted by SithLord@Mar 1 2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks so much DJ for sharing. It really does meet virtually every expectation I would have in regard to authenticity...

thanks again,

Thomas
[snapback]1196521[/snapback]​

I second that Thomas... The DJ helmet is a large step above anything else I've seen in the recent years. Thanks for sharing the pics.

What a difference authenticity makes ;)

SPFXvsDJ2.jpg

DJvsSPFXnoseslots.jpg

SPFX based on 20th C on the left, authentic ANH on the right...

Of course now we'll see many more improvements to come to the SPFX :lol .

:cheers,

Thomas

Thomas, give it up. Those two pictures are taken at different angles and with 2 different light source angles as well.

Why, when a thread starts moving in the right direction, you feel the need to digress it with your childish digs?

If you want to post pics of differences, why don't you put the DJ and GH helmet pics side by side.....Now those are some Major differences.

Joe

Hey, guys. In response to the above - there are no straps or anything in there. Its just a fiberglass lay up job is all.

And I have never really worried about people getting information from these pictures to improve their own projects. No biggie. This thing is so rippled and "clay" like that there is no way to fully replicate it. Such a project would drive anybody into a mindless spiral toward insanity and an actual physical implosion of their skull to a singularity and resulting black hole.

Plus, if people want to improve their other helmets this way and that then cool, right?. That way if there is a fire or burglary then there will better options of finding a satisfying replacement.

My view anyway.

Originally posted by darthjones@Mar 2 2006, 02:02 PM
......into a mindless spiral toward insanity and an actual physical implosion of their skull to a singularity and resulting black hole.

[snapback]1196895[/snapback]​

I think it's already too late for most of us DJ :wacko

:lol

Thank you VERY much for showing us pics of your helmet, it truely is beautiful :)

Cheers,

Kraig

I know I would want a DJ helmet over anyone but I know I will never get one. That sucks. Maybe someday I can be proud of my helmet instead of picking at it all the time.I do not own a ANH helmet yet because I even through 33 pages I still do not know which one that is availavle is the best helmet to spend the loot on. If I spend the money I want it to be right. Anyone out there does a painted helmet just like Darth Jones you can put me #1 on the list.

Originally posted by darthjones@Mar 1 2006, 07:02 PM
Hey, guys.  In response to  the above - there are no straps or anything in there.  Its just a fiberglass lay up job is all.

And I have never really worried about people getting information from these pictures to improve their own projects.  No biggie.  This thing is so rippled and "clay" like that there is no way to fully replicate it.  Such a project would drive anybody into a mindless spiral toward insanity and an actual physical implosion of their skull to a singularity and resulting black hole.

Plus, if people want to improve their other helmets this way and that then cool, right?.  That way if there is a fire or burglary then there will better options of finding a satisfying replacement. 

My view anyway.
[snapback]1196895[/snapback]​

Amen. The guy with the coolest helmet also makes the most sense. Thanks for the pics.

Just got my digital camera back today (thanks Sony for fixing it even though it's 3 yrs old) :D

The GH ANH....

GHANHm1.jpg

GH ANH on the right, DJ helmet on the left...

GHANHmvsDJb2.jpg

Another comparison...

GHANHmvsDJb3.jpg

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by syborwolf@Mar 1 2006, 10:32 PM

Thomas, give it up. Those two pictures are taken at different angles and with 2 different light source angles as well.

Why, when a thread starts moving in the right direction, you feel the need to digress it with your childish digs?

If you want to post pics of differences, why don't you put the DJ and GH helmet pics side by side.....Now those are some Major differences.

Joe
[snapback]1196865[/snapback]​

Because I thought it of interest to go back and compare the DJ helmet, which we agree is the most authentic, with other fan helmets. Plus I want to bring the point home that the SPFX was claimed to be the best of the best of the best ad nausem....sorry, but it's not. Nor is the GH ANH, but it has a lot more going for it than something that's been modified ad libitum....

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back