The most accurate ANH Vader helmet out there?

I didn't think Fatherless meant one offs but if he did then I agree the DJ helmet would be the best. But how do we reconcile the narrower neck on it?

Have you seen the neck on the ANH helmet used in the ESB teaser poster?
It's VERY narrow.

Chris

Originally posted by RKW@Feb 11 2006, 04:22 PM
I didn't think Fatherless meant one offs but if he did then I agree the DJ helmet would be the best. But how do we reconcile the narrower neck on it?
[snapback]1181748[/snapback]​

What... ...did that comment mean? Were you speaking to me? Secrets? I think I come across with more information than most here regarding Vader. Just ask around... or ask me... Blessed? Yes, thank the Lord I am blessed. But that is not subjective. Wheather or not you think I am blessed is completely irrelevant.

Originally posted by Darth Phaeton+Feb 11 2006, 07:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Phaeton @ Feb 11 2006, 07:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ghost Host
@Feb 11 2006, 03:14 PM
Yea, if it wasn't coming from Alan I'd say it sounded like a loaded question looking to start sparks. 

Well, you are entitled to feel this way, but just remember that most of us Vader fans are genuine interested in the HOBBY, and not in the political game and hidden agendas as some of you are, which BTW are giving this Hobby a bad rep.

BTW I have a huge respect for your knowledge, but if you aren't willing to share, don't pass it under our noses, you just make people like me wonder if you really are as blessed as you all claim to be.

Dan
[snapback]1181721[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by cking+Feb 11 2006, 04:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Feb 11 2006, 04:26 PM)</div>
Have you seen the neck on the ANH helmet used in the ESB teaser poster?
It's VERY narrow.

Chris

<!--QuoteBegin-RKW
@Feb 11 2006, 04:22 PM
[snapback]1181748[/snapback]​
[snapback]1181749[/snapback]​
[/b]

I realise that but the one in the film isn't.

Originally posted by Ghost Host+Feb 11 2006, 04:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Host @ Feb 11 2006, 04:37 PM)</div>
What...  ...did that comment mean?  Were you speaking to me?  Secrets?  I think I come across with more information than most here regarding Vader.  Just ask around...  or ask me...  Blessed?  Yes, thank the Lord I am blessed.  But that is not subjective.  Wheather or not you think I am blessed is completely irrelevant. 

Originally posted by Darth Phaeton@Feb 11 2006, 07:57 AM
Yea, if it wasn't coming from Alan I'd say it sounded like a loaded question looking to start sparks. 

Well, you are entitled to feel this way, but just remember that most of us Vader fans are genuine interested in the HOBBY, and not in the political game and hidden agendas as some of you are, which BTW are giving this Hobby a bad rep.

BTW I have a huge respect for your knowledge, but if you aren't willing to share, don't pass it under our noses, you just make people like me wonder if you really are as blessed as you all claim to be.

Dan
[snapback]1181758[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm guessing it's refering to the photos that you don't like being shared.

But I'll add that that the reason I believe this sounded like a loaded question is that it has been asked and discussed at least every month or so here. If a newbie were asking, it would not be as surprising. All the same folks will chime in to say all the same stuff that wa said last month... and the month before that... etc.

Originally posted by RKW+Feb 11 2006, 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Feb 11 2006, 04:39 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ghost Host@Feb 11 2006, 04:37 PM
What...  ...did that comment mean?  Were you speaking to me?  Secrets?  I think I come across with more information than most here regarding Vader.  Just ask around...  or ask me...  Blessed?  Yes, thank the Lord I am blessed.  But that is not subjective.  Wheather or not you think I am blessed is completely irrelevant. 

Originally posted by Darth Phaeton@Feb 11 2006, 07:57 AM

Dan

[snapback]1181758[/snapback]​

I'm guessing it's refering to the photos that you don't like being shared.
[snapback]1181762[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes mainly photos, as these precents facts. Background stories, are great, but subject to twists.

Dan

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Feb 11 2006, 04:41 PM
But I'll add that that the reason I believe this sounded like a loaded question is that it has been asked and discussed at least every month or so here.  If a newbie were asking, it would not be as surprising.  All the same folks will chime in to say all the same stuff that wa said last month...  and the month before that...  etc.
[snapback]1181763[/snapback]​

Sorry, I must have misread it.

Dan

Originally posted by KevVader@Feb 11 2006, 12:13 PM
....and that's what happens in these types of threads. Opinion is sometimes stated as fact....which gets everyone pi$$ed off and flame wars go on for pages.
That was my point.....
[snapback]1181736[/snapback]​

... which is exactly why I do not post my opinions in many threads here.... I'd be jumped on by people and accused of stuff I never meant.

Originally posted by Darth Phaeton@Feb 11 2006, 12:17 PM

So folks, and so called learned, of all things Vader, it's time to drop the cloaks, and share all that you have on this black fella. In the name of education and peace.  :)

Dan
[snapback]1181741[/snapback]​

Easier said than done Dan. There are a lot of people here with their guards up. I wish it were that simple.

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Feb 12 2006, 01:41 AM
If a newbie were asking, it would not be as surprising. 
Sounds like my cue. :p

Both the GH and 20th Century ANH buckets look fantastic to me. And CKing's mannequin, combining the 20th mask and GH dome, looks as if it stepped right off of the screen.

So... are the GH and 20th Century ANH helmets really still available?

The thread implies that they are... but I've never actually seen either of these helmets for sale. As far as I can tell, they are no longer in production, which would mean that the only way to get one would be to buy it from a current owner. And I have to think that most owners aren't about to let these go. They seem to be Holy Grails.

If they are available, how would you experts recommend that a collector go about obtaining one? :confused

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Feb 11 2006, 05:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Feb 11 2006, 05:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Phaeton
@Feb 11 2006, 12:17 PM

So folks, and so called learned, of all things Vader, it's time to drop the cloaks, and share all that you have on this black fella. In the name of education and peace.  :)

Dan
[snapback]1181741[/snapback]​

Easier said than done Dan. There are a lot of people here with their guards up. I wish it were that simple.
[snapback]1181789[/snapback]​
[/b]

IT IS THAT SIMPLE, if people just would let it be that simple, and not get to the state of panic, that they might loose, their self imagined god like status.

Come on everybody, say after me. THIS IS A HOBBY, AND NOT AN NATIONAL SECRET, I WON'T LOOSE MY LIFE, BY SHARING. :)

Dan.

Originally posted by temponaut+Feb 11 2006, 12:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Feb 11 2006, 12:09 PM)</div>
@Feb 12 2006, 01:41 AM
If a newbie were asking, it would not be as surprising. 
Sounds like my cue. :p

Both the GH and 20th Century ANH buckets look fantastic to me. And CKing's mannequin, combining the 20th mask and GH dome, looks as if it stepped right off of the screen.

So... are the GH and 20th Century ANH helmets really still available?

The thread implies that they are... but I've never actually seen either of these helmets for sale. As far as I can tell, they are no longer in production, which would mean that the only way to get one would be to buy it from a current owner. And I have to think that most owners aren't about to let these go. They seem to be Holy Grails.

If they are available, how would you experts recommend that a collector go about obtaining one? :confused
[snapback]1181791[/snapback]​
[/b]

....as Jez had stated, many makers of the fan built lids have used the 20C as the faceplate.....although many have not admitted so. Either way, to me the 20 C looks spot on to the screen used....which is why it's used so often. The dome on the other hand has way too much dome flare IMHO, which is why other dome types are used in conjunction with the 20C face.

I believe that many Vader lids that you see for sale use the 20C as a base, so finding one may be easier than you think....

I beg to differ. The close-up shot of Vader's helmet (as he's stepping on Ben's empty cloak) is most definitely a thinner neck.

Chris

Originally posted by RKW@Feb 11 2006, 04:37 PM

[snapback]1181759[/snapback]​

I've seen all and owned few of so-called fan made ANH Vader helmets and none of them, except DJ one off, look as if "it stepped right off of the screen".

Some are close but none is perfect , just my opinion.

K.

Originally posted by cking+Feb 11 2006, 05:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Feb 11 2006, 05:37 PM)</div>
I beg to differ. The close-up shot of Vader's helmet (as he's stepping on Ben's empty cloak) is most definitely a thinner neck.

Chris

<!--QuoteBegin-RKW
@Feb 11 2006, 04:37 PM

[snapback]1181810[/snapback]​
[/b]

So you're saying that the width of the GH face mask and chest armour neck opening is too wide?

Yeah - as KevVader said. And just to clarify my earlier post...

IMO Darth Jones' helmet is the most accurate helmet produced, but thus far is a one-off only.

As far as the "20th Century" face is concerned, it was supposedly an ESB helmet although has what clearly appears to be ANH connections on it, hence it was used by.....

1) JB on his "special" ANH Helmet (made after the mark 2 which also sported the same GH recast dome). I dont know how many he made but it wasnt the one I had (a mk2)

2) The VM2 was also a 20thC face along with what imo was a recast GH Dome

3) And finally SPFX used the 20thC face along with a recast GH dome - although I think he said he's copied an original helmet from Timbuktu or somewhere :lol

I'm not passing judgements on these helmets just saying where I believe they derived.

Cheers

Jez

No, I'm saying that a thinner neck version of the facemask existed because it can be seen in the movie.
The fatter neck version of the facemask can be seen in the Death Star conference room scenes and others.
In other words, it appears that a thin and fat neck version existed. Maybe they made a thinner, tighter fitting version for Dave Prowse to use in the duel?

Chris

Originally posted by RKW@Feb 11 2006, 05:59 PM
So you're saying that the width of the GH face mask and chest armour neck opening is too wide?
[snapback]1181828[/snapback]​

[attachmentid=6552][attachmentid=6552]
Originally posted by cking+Feb 11 2006, 06:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Feb 11 2006, 06:37 PM)</div>

Chris

<!--QuoteBegin-RKW
@Feb 11 2006, 04:37 PM

[snapback]1181810[/snapback]​
[/b]

thin neck.

Jez,

A slight correction to item 2) in your list.
The dome on the VM2 was actually a reworked version of what was essentially a Fyberdyne dome. GH used to own the dome which VM used, but sold it to Sporak when what is now termed the "GH" dome came along.

Chris

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Feb 11 2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah - as KevVader said. And just to clarify my earlier post...

IMO Darth Jones' helmet is the most accurate helmet produced, but thus far is a one-off only.

As far as the "20th Century" face is concerned, it was supposedly an ESB helmet although has what clearly appears to be ANH connections on it, hence it was used by.....

1) JB on his "special" ANH Helmet (made after the mark 2 which also sported the same GH recast dome). I dont know how many he made but it wasnt the one I had (a mk2)

2) The VM2 was also a 20thC face along with what imo was a recast GH Dome

3) And finally SPFX used the 20thC face along with a recast GH dome - although I think he said he's copied an original helmet from Timbuktu or somewhere :lol

I'm not passing judgements on these helmets just saying where I believe they derived.

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1181829[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back