Help to identify a prop. EP4 Fleet Trooper Scanner

jedidad

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Can any one give me some help to identify the scanner that the Fleet Trooper is using on Yavin 4. It is the one being used when the Falcon is landing on Yavin 4.

Thanks,
B) Jedidad B)

rftwhatisthis.jpg

I always likened it to one of those Timing Guns used for cars with some greeblies added. Just my opinion though.

dsc00027w.jpg

It's a light meter and a 35mm camera lens stuck together with gaffer tape, or something along those lines. The small second unit crew was in Venezuela getting shots and thought they needed a prop, and that was the best they could do at a moment's notice.

If I can find the source of this info I'll reprint it here. (I think it's in the first ILM book.)

It's a light meter and a 35mm camera lens stuck together with gaffer tape, or something along those lines. The small second unit crew was in Venezuela getting shots and thought they needed a prop, and that was the best they could do at a moment's notice.

If I can find the source of this info I'll reprint it here. (I think it's in the first ILM book.)

Hi there, sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but I was wondering if the specific light meter and lens had ever been found?
I had heard previously that the film crew just taped together a light meter and a camera lens but did anyone ever figure out which meter? I could try to guess I suppose.

PS Tikal is in Guatemala not Venezuela :)

Lorne Peterson posted exactly what it was on the facebook group "Star Wars Vintage Photos", but I can't find it now.

So, I'll resurrect this old thread yet again. Is there any further detailed info to be shared on the make/model of light meter used here?

Dan

any pics?

Yes, so it's the two lens-looking items that seem to be indentical and mounted roughly 45 degrees to each other.

yavin_scanner_02.jpg

They look to me more like lenses of some sort with some other item on the ends.

It looks like there's a central vertical hand-held thing that looks more like some light meters or director's viewfinders that I've seen. But, going from the quote from Lorne that it was "two light meters taped together", I'm wondering if those two lens-looking things are the meters of some sort...

Dan

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back