My large x wing prop build ☺

DSC_9534.JPG

This is the 4 black bins I got in a local shop for £28-30 approx they stand around 2 feet tall approx and they was the reason I began the x wing when I did as I could picture them as the engine intakes and it snowballed from there ☺

Last edited:
DSC_9539.JPG
DSC_9539.JPG

so using more spare wood from home i measured and cut a bunch of planks of wood to create a back rest to the cockpit and basically make this build wnd cockpit area take more shape. sometimes u just have to go with ur gut.

Last edited:
DSC_9540.JPG
DSC_9542.JPG
DSC_9543.JPG
im enjoying this build the scale it will be and the stature of the x wing in the franchise i have to give it my all.

- - - Updated - - -

piecing the backing of the seated area on a plank at a time

- - - Updated - - -

behind view

- - - Updated - - -

close up

Last edited:
DSC_9551.JPG

another angle squeezed in another little project here i was working on for effect for my starwars garden lol.

Last edited:
DSC_9556.JPG

i had a friend during a lot of this build watching from the tree or the fence and walking about past me or in this case a spot of sunbathing lol

Last edited:
Markas1976, this is an insanely cool project.

I’ll be following closely.

You look like you’re in the UK, is that right?

When you’re done, can I fly over and take some X-Wing Pilot poses next to it?

Let me know how much you’d charge!

Dalziel44 thanks very much and i am in the uk ur right im in the highlands of Scotland.
ur very welcome to come and see the x wing and the other props ive made i wouldnt change you a penny to come and see any of it. anyone coming to see my collection would be an honour to me and that would be payment enough ☺.
especially if the likes of yourself would be willing to come from another country that would be extra special ☺

DSC_9558.JPG
DSC_9559.JPG
DSC_9560.JPG

a familiar site in my garden this has been over the past 14 months or so its a great feeling to be creative and its better when your able to be outside working on stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

another better view of base slowly filling eaxh piece if the jigsaw lol

- - - Updated - - -

and she's back up the normal way again

Last edited:
DSC_9561.JPG
DSC_9562.JPG

side view

- - - Updated - - -

thanks mugatu for the nice comment ☺

- - - Updated - - -

Another side view im squeezing in my side project moisture vaporator in there again lol

Last edited:
DSC_9563.JPG

now there is a top panel on the nose of the x wing ☺. im not gona lie there is stages and spells where its tricky working on a large project on your own usually due to the weight of certain pieces or just someone to balance something for ya or hold a bit in place to allow you to go to another bit or another end etc.
but its amazing how when your forced that u can find a way

Last edited:
DSC_9565.JPG

a top view of the top of the nose any imperfections will be ironed out as the build continues. one thing ive learned is even if u doubt any of the build as ur going along u will always have plenty time to fix or get around problems. with every new build uve gained experience and confidence from the last ones ☺.

Last edited:
the old way this site worked was your post had numbered pages now it doesnt seem to or i cant see where it is at least. im only just back since this sites updates and i just want to make sure that the last pic i see on my list is the last one i added lol

you also cant see the views you have anymore at the side of your post which i think was a good thing to see also a motivational thing to see is this still visible somewhere or am i blind?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back