Hasbro Captain America Shield (plastic) Mod

StarLord99

So I just bought a hasbro Legends Captain America shield (plastic version) for only $40 on a clearance sale. I noticed there are so many scratches especially on the star. I was thinking if anyone has modified their shield (repaint, leather replacement, etc...) I also noticed that there are 3 separate parts of the shield. I want to make it as close as my efx shield. Can anyone help/tell me how do I disassemble those 3 parts without damaging the shield, what paint will I use and how to get those spun marks on a plastic shield? Thank you in advance and good day!

Thanks! This just gave me an idea Maybe ill put the spun marks on the primer and hit it with some transparent red and blue paint. Im also considering putting the black panther scratch on the shield during civil war. Thank you!

Yes! But it might take a while because i just ordered a genuine leather fabric online. I will post some pics of the progress! Thank you

That's a good deal. Where did you find it?
I bought it on a local toy store here in the Philippines. Im planning to repaint it because there is so many scratches on the shield and I don't like the glossy paint (fingerprints everywhere) and im planning to change the weird pleather handle into a genuine leather. I want to make it as close as possible to the movie prop. My problem is that I cant find a way to disassemble the parts safely. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    977.8 KB · Views: 299
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back