Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber 3D Print

Skigro

I took a short break from designing some lightsabers to work on my FPH2 Boba helmet. But I am back with the Luke ROTJ Hero. I’ve never really liked the hero, but after working on this I have a new found love for this saber.

I’ve printed off a prototype and I’ve taken notes of things I need to fix or change. Mainly the activator box and changes to my printing gcode.

Let me know what you think of this.

da25d9afd4bcc7fb39c79bf452efe169.jpg

7d267ea6f4e397e09d13d80717d10a00.jpg

13acc81dc54d8f059f776eeec0abb61e.jpg

b1aa4b6da9082f84d329e901b98e30b8.jpg

Couple of questions for everyone.

1. If I offered resin casts of all of my sabers, would you be interested?

2. If you were going to purchase a resin lightsaber, would you want individually casted parts, to paint and assemble or a one part full lightsaber to paint?

3. How much would you spend on a resin cast lightsaber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's really nice looking!

Do you plan on sharing the .stl files so those of us with printers can print our own?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

As there are funtional metal replicas from 175$ I don't see the sense for casted resin ones.

Even if it were low priced it needs a lot of work so final cost in inverted hours could be higher. But probably some people enjoy painting it, but for a lightsaber collector metal one is the only option.
I took a short break from designing some lightsabers to work on my FPH2 Boba helmet. But I am back with the Luke ROTJ Hero. I’ve never really liked the hero, but after working on this I have a new found love for this saber.

I’ve printed off a prototype and I’ve taken notes of things I need to fix or change. Mainly the activator box and changes to my printing gcode.

Let me know what you think of this.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/da25d9afd4bcc7fb39c79bf452efe169.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/7d267ea6f4e397e09d13d80717d10a00.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/13acc81dc54d8f059f776eeec0abb61e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/b1aa4b6da9082f84d329e901b98e30b8.jpg

Couple of questions for everyone.

1. If I offered resin casts of all of my sabers, would you be interested?

2. If you were going to purchase a resin lightsaber, would you want individually casted parts, to paint and assemble or a one part full lightsaber to paint?

3. How much would you spend on a resin cast lightsaber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

I would totally be on board for solid casts!

this is a really nice design - I would make the thicker rings a bit thinner, the thin ones seem spot on. The ratio between the sizes is a bit less, i guess is what I mean. You nailed the emitter - a LOT of people screw those flanges up

Resin casts were heavily used on screen, and in exhibit displays post filming so I would say theres always a need :)

Also, for newer folks, sculpting a resin piece is SO much easier than working with metal.

So much great work on this site! I recently purchased a printer (purely for work!) but thought I'd try printing a lightsaber, purely to test it out and practice. lol I know some will say, this could be modelled better, be printed more efficiently or looks nothing like the dozen or so versions seen on screen but here is 'my' version which takes all the bits I enjoy about this hilt. Hope you like it, would love to hear feedback (good or bad!)

Attachments

• LS-ROTJ-IMG-03.png
    LS-ROTJ-IMG-03.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 142
  • LS-ROTJ-IMG-01.png
    LS-ROTJ-IMG-01.png
    848.9 KB · Views: 133
  • LS-ROTJ-IMG-02.png
    LS-ROTJ-IMG-02.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 127
Cad That first pic is that your finished work? If so that looks like metal. Nice paint job.
Thanks, yes that is the finished paintwork. I’ve started a new version today and hope to get it even better.

Attachments

• D90B564D-1FB8-482E-8CAC-4DF35CCD669E.jpeg
    D90B564D-1FB8-482E-8CAC-4DF35CCD669E.jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 118
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back