Help: What material is this and how can I do this?

bronzerleaf

Good day,

I have put together some costumes in the past. But I am wanting to recreate a helmet/head piece with simplest materials as possible. I spotted a person on Twitter that posted a production picture. I am wondering what material she used; any advice would be great. And any recommendations on how to easily create this "round" like head piece structure inexpensively.

I have experience working with resin/ pepakura. However, I am trying to avoid that if possible. The materials below dont look like resin, more like some foam like. I am not sure... There is an obvious bond in the middle of it where it appears it was bonded materials (not sure again)

The headpiece is from a fortnite character - Cuddle Team Leader
cuddle.pngDbuKSouX4AEN1Mm.jpg

That's two large polystyrene (Basically a more compressed styrofoam) half domes glued together.

Each one should only cost about $10-15. You can find them online or at your local craft store, usually around the floral supplies.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back