Qrow's Sword from RWBY: Mechanical assistance!

Tryfarce

Hey all,

First time cosplayer, long time fan. I'm looking to make a functioning, transforming replica of Qrow's sword from RWBY (gif included for reference), and I have no experience in cosplay or prop making. Any pointers on the process of building the sword itself would be appreciated, but my big question is on how to make it transform with just a few button presses; I've seen the sword done before, but it's always a hands-on transformation. I want it to be something along the lines of: push one button to extend the blades, another to curl them, and then reversing the first process to keep it from wiggling around. That's just what I've figured. I figure I'll hollow out the foam to house the mechanics, but its the mechanics itself I have issue with. Is this even possible?
Someone with mechanical experience, please help me out! Thanks so much! Qrow_Scythe.gif

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back