USS Kelvin by Moebius

It can't be 1:1000 at 11 inches. The Kelvin is 1,500 feet (457.2 meters). So the model would have to be 18 inches (45.72cm) long to be 1:1000. Hmmmm. I would definitely prefer an 18 inch model over an 11 inch one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be 1:1000 at 11 inches. The Kelvin is 1,500 feet (457.2 meters). So the model would have to be 18 inches (45.72cm) long to be 1:1000. Hmmmm. I would definitely prefer an 18 inch model over an 11 inch one.

I guess we will find soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is a kit I want from the NuTrek films.
I do think the size of the kit is in error- seems far too small for what we saw on screen to be 1:1000. CultTvMan has been know for some slightly garbled info on new trek announcements before, going to wait and see

CultTvMan has been know for some slightly garbled info on new trek announcements before, going to wait and see

I just messaged CultTvmMan on FB to ask if that 11 inch figure comes directly from Moebius or if they did the calculation wrong. Seems really expensive for an 11 inch kit.

That said, I've been holding off on one of my projects because I was waiting to see what Moebius did with it. But if their kit is indeed 11 inches, I'm going to computer model my own Kelvin kit for 3d printing (I have ortho views of the ILM CG model to ensure accuracy). Make it as large as economically viable. I'll still buy the Moebius kit to support their continuing of Trek stuff, but I hope it's bigger.

This weekend is Shizuoka Hobby Show 2018 in Japan. Moebius had a booth there, and only the the Franklin and Kelvin were featured or being promoted at their booth. I don't know if that means the Enterprise and Jellyfish are no longer in the plans as they were last year. *shrug*

The sign for the Kelvin also confirms 11" length. :( That's so lame.

The size does not bother me as much as the price- $50 is far too much to charge for an 11" long model with a 7" flat disk. The TOS Galactica cost just a little more than that and look at what you get inside the box.
Sadly the Kelvin was the one ship from the NuTrek that I wanted- several in fact to kit bash up some cool ships. Now it has priced itself out of my market- my funds are going to Bandai instead.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back