Slayer Handbook - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

apolifka

My Slayer Handbook from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is finally complete! This replica book box is cast from original cover boards of an 1800s Family Pictorial Bible just like the production book. I searched for years to find the correct Bible covers that they modified for the show and it was a thrill to finally find the correct antique Bible.

It features the two unique front and back cover sculpts just as the original prop did. The first version of the Slayer Handbook appeared in an unaired pilot episode, where the book featured the smaller Vampyr text. It was decided that this version lacked impact so they reworked a larger version and the smaller text became the back cover.

The master scultps were made from handcut Sintra plastic and meticulously blended into my castings of the Bible cover boards. The covers are cast in Smoothcast 300 and bound around an accurately sized book box. This keeps the prop light and makes for a great functionality ass a keepsake box. The box features a luxurious velvet lined interior and is bound with handmade hinged brass clasps.

The clasps designs were drafted by hand from reference photos and are made from brass sheet metal. The functional hinge mechanism is made by hand from brass tubing and round stock. You can see the functionality of the hinges here: View My Video

I am currently doing a limited run of these handbooks. You can sign up in the LTD RUN thread here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=289786

Now, on the the build photos!

2zibp80.jpg

qo6bv6.jpg

2i0bzp5.jpg

15vs69.jpg

2n362b.jpg

1fcttx.jpg

2cg0gig.jpg

2cclaiw.jpg

2myvxcg.jpg

zt91ma.jpg

2njm3a9.jpg

2mdkqpi.jpg

2zibp80.jpg

qo6bv6.jpg

2i0bzp5.jpg

15vs69.jpg

2n362b.jpg

1fcttx.jpg

2cg0gig.jpg

2cclaiw.jpg

2myvxcg.jpg

zt91ma.jpg

2njm3a9.jpg

2mdkqpi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one complete Slayer Handbook finished and ready to ship! Bumping to sell the final book of the run!

Edit: Now sold

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back