Limited Run Darth Vader Energizer commercial lightsaber 3D printed kit

MCM

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's been a long time in the making, but I'm finally ready and able to make these kits available!

A while back, thd9791 and adamata did the community a huge solid and produced castings of the lightsaber Darth Vader wielded in the mid 90s Energizer battery commercial. This saber was built from a maglite as opposed to an MPP flash so that the endcap could be unscrewed for the climactic battery reveal.

I was fortunate enough to obtain one of these castings. I took measurements of the saber and built up an idealized 3D model, which I then scaled to fit MHS tubing from thecustomsabershop.com. I then broke the components down into
individually 3D-printable parts, printed them, finished the pieces, and finally affixed them to a length of MHS tubing + endcap. The result is the prototype seen below.

After much demand, I am now able to make these kits available. The kit includes:
1 x shroud
1 x shroud ring mounting box
1 x "bulb release" greeblie
1 x ribbed control band
1 x control box base
1 x control box top
1 x activation strip
7 x t-track grips
1 x endcap adapter female
1 x endcap adapter male
1 x grip mounting jig

NOT INCLUDED but necessary for the project would be the tube and pommel. They can be found at the following links:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/9-Double-female-threaded-connector-P400.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPS-Pommel-style-9-P588.aspx

The kits are printed on a Lulzbot Taz 6 in PLA at a .1mm layer height. 3 solid coats of filler primer (I recommend Rustoleum) and some #0000 steel wool ought to get rid of most of the print artifacts, though you may need some spot filler and sandpaper and/or files to take care of the more obstinate artifacts.

Some members have expressed interest in a kit designed for 38mm tubes, which I can produce upon special request. For those special instances, please post in this thread AND send me a PM. We can discuss the details in private.

The kits will be $60 shipped in the US and $70 shipped international.

If interested, please post your interest in the thread. No money will be due until your kit is printed and ready to go out the door. I will update the print status in this thread and also send a PM when payment is due.

1. MCM - printed
2. E Williams (38mm) - printed, paid, shipped
3. DarkJedi360 - printed, paid, shipped
4. Lichtbringer (38mm) - printed, paid, shipped
5. Planettera - printed, paid, shipped
6. Howlrunner - printed, paid, shipped
7. iams001efni - printed
8. OdiWan72 (38mm) - printed, paid, shipped
9. juajn7fernandez (38mm) - printing
10. SethS (38mm) - printed, paid, shipped
7508ee65991efb750cdfddb24e2d3596.jpg
2b73a525417566eb4e1feb5b2b4e32c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to see these being available! I wanted to leave a light footprint, and this means more people can enjoy this prop.

I'm going to pass, trying to save up for Dan's V2 and the brass scopes that are waiting to be put under the knife :)

I've gotten significantly into the printing process, but I've run into a slight technical problem. I hope to have it ironed out by this evening so that I can resume production. Here's a pic of some parts to tide everyone over. I have several completed kits, but I'm not going to ask for payment until I'm back in production.

Mance
76869fb7d23286afc2fe0ff577d08810.jpg

Alright! The part I needed arrived and the printer is going again. I may need to reprint a few parts, but things are moving forward. I'll be updating the print statuses and sending out PMs after band practice tonight. Thanks for hanging in there, guys!

The first kits have been sent out the door. I'm in the process of reprinting some parts, but production is back in full swing.

Would be up for selling individual parts at all?
Send me a pm with what you'd be interested in. I'm sure that we can come up with an arrangement that would be mutually beneficial ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back