Presenting: Gantz - The X-Gun

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This project has become something of a labour of love - a complete scratch-build that has taken me seven months to get to something I'm pretty happy with.

The end result is a 14-piece resin kit that weighs in at a very hefty 1 kilo when built up :cool

The pics:

xgun1.jpg

xgun2.jpg

xgun3.jpg

xgun4.jpg

I made a second build-up with the pods open and firing up

xgun5.jpg

xgun6.jpg

Guns and girls

xgun7.jpg

xgun8.jpg

Hope you like :)

I like it.... :love It's too pretty :rolleyes How much cost to you? :thumbsup

A lot in wasted resin and silicon on versions 1, 2, 3 & 4 :lol

I was going to offer these here, but there doesn't seem to be much interest. as usual :rolleyes

I may put a few up on Ebay untl I get my site up nd running.

It's great to see the gun finally made up...and what a great job you did there, your time and effort has certainly paid off!! Well smart!

Hi! Great looking gun prop! Did you ever make any of these as kits? I would love to have a couple of them! Now that the Gantz Live action Movie is playing, there may be a new market for this.

Best!

I still have the molds, but they were quite expensive to produce, lots of resin, and the market wasn't that big.

I didn't make the meshes, that was Marc (Le Marchand). Mine was scratch built. I've seen Marc's meshes in all their 3-D glory, and it would be a beautiful piece if he ever decides to produce it!

Meshes are indeed mine. I will have to wait to turn it into a solid prop until i have my own CNC machine as i was quoted $2500 and up to have the pieces machined out of plastic, yikes!

I think my gantz action figure had 2 of those or they looked really close to the shape. i got her cheap for a custom. That is one impressive kit and it looks great.

Thanks, it came out pretty nice, if anyone wants to know more, just drop me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back