Putty tubes - drying out

Zuiun

Sr Member
What do you guys do to keep your tubes of putty -- particularly Squadron -- from drying out between use? I feel like I'm lucky if I get one build per tube sometimes... Granted, tubes aren't that expensive, but it'd be nice to sit down to fill a few gaps and not be all, "dammit! I have to run to the store!" once in awhile... :lol

Yeah, I have had the same issue with tamiiya putty. Maybe storing it in a ziplock bag can help, never tried though

So, I guess other brands aren't immune.
I had three tubes of Perfect Plastic Putty, and I never got to completely use any of them.
I thought it was due their tube design.
Their tubes were much like tubes of make up. After you squeeze putty out, the tube pops back into its original shape and (my thought) it draws air back into the tube, drying it out.
So, when I ordered more putty, I bought some large syringes with caps thinking I would put the putty in them.
When the putty arrived, I find that they have adopted a more traditional putty tube design that crushes.

So, I guess other brands aren't immune.
I had three tubes of Perfect Plastic Putty, and I never got to completely use any of them.
I thought it was due their tube design.
Their tubes were much like tubes of make up. After you squeeze putty out, the tube pops back into its original shape and (my thought) it draws air back into the tube, drying it out.
So, when I ordered more putty, I bought some large syringes with caps thinking I would put the putty in them.
When the putty arrived, I find that they have adopted a more traditional putty tube design that crushes.

I almost asked this same question about Perfect Plastic Putty. I then read that it is water soluble, even when dry. I then used an eye dropper with distilled water through the tube opening to bring it back to life.

Yeah I just put a drop or two of water into the opening of my Perfect Plastic Putty and then stir it with a toothpick to bring it back to life.

SB

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back