Unlimited Run Simpsons - Power Plant Softball Team Hats

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

Homer at the Bat is one of my favorite episodes of the Simpsons. Earlier this year I made myself a Wonderbat, partially in honor of Homer being "inducted" into the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I've been selling them on Etsy. I decided that I needed something else to go with it so now I'm also offering the team hat. I'll also be selling them through Etsy, but I'm offering them here to members for a small discount. I'll be offering these indefinitely.

267789.jpg

I'm offering them on red Flexfit brand snap back hats, or the patches by themselves if you'd like to put them on a different type of hat (I made a fitted 59fifty for myself). They have a heat seal back so they can be ironed on to anything.

PM me if you would like to buy one.

Complete hat: $17 plus $7 shipping to the US.
Patch by itself: $6 if you buy one, $5 each if you buy 2 or more plus $2 shipping to the US.

I will ship internationally but send me your address in the PM so I can get you a quote.
IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

Also, if anybody is interested, I have my Wonderbat for sale on my Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/511429364/homers-wonderbat

Attachments

• IMG_6074.jpg
    IMG_6074.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,049
Last edited:
Okay, just got shipping confirmation for the patches. I’ll be ordering the hats now. I imagine I should have these ready next week (unless USPS is really slow).

Also, I put one of my Wonderbats up in the JY if anybody is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Patches are here. I ordered the snapbacks yesterday so I'm hoping they'll be here next week. If you're only interested in the patches I can start shipping now. PM me if you want one (or more).

I ordered my fitted hat separately from Amazon (since I was only buying the one and the company I bought the rest from didn't have New Era). This is what the patches look like on the hat.

View attachment 760958

Hats are in, I've updated the first post and sent PMs to everybody interested. If anybody else is interested, send me a PM directly.

Last edited:
I received my Patches on Friday, they look great. Honestly, at first I saw them and was like, "aw they are stickers", then I was was like, "wow, the embroidery turned out great". Actually looks much better than I had hoped, thanks for the run.

I received my Patches on Friday, they look great. Honestly, at first I saw them and was like, "aw they are stickers", then I was was like, "wow, the embroidery turned out great". Actually looks much better than I had hoped, thanks for the run.

Yeah, I was very pleased with them when I got them too. I'd love to see it once you get it on something.

FYI, anybody who just bought patches, if you want to iron it on, these are the directions from the patch company:

"Heat press : 375` for 18-25 seconds
Home iron : Highest setting (cotton) NO STEAM! Keep firm
pressure for 30 seconds.
1) Wash fabric first. Fabric softener should not be used.
2) Set iron to cotton setting. Do no use steam, and remove water
from iron.
3) Lay your garment out on a hard, heat tolerant surface. A
padded ironing board is not hard enough. Try placing a cutting
board above padding.
4) Place heatseal side of patch onto fabric in desired placement
area. Iron design for approximately 30-60 seconds, applying
pressure. Do not move iron side to side as this may cause
design to shift. Heavier fabrics may require more time, and
lighter fabrics may require less time.
5) Allow time to cool, then make sure entire surface area is
applied to fabric. If all pieces did not adhere, reapply heat for an
additional 20-30 seconds. Allow to cool.
6) Turn garment inside out and apply iron to back of design area
for approximately 30 seconds.
7) Wait 48 hours before washing, and turn garment inside out
when doing so."

I use a heat press, but an iron should be fine, just make sure you really pack the inside of the hat (you can use rolled up washcloths or sponges or things along those lines) and then pull the hat tight down over the end of the ironing board. You want to get it as stiff as you can so you can put a good amount of pressure on the patch with the iron. Obviously you can't iron the inside of the hat, but it should be fine.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back