BvS Kryptnoite Spear!

neonfire92

I just wanted to show off my most recent project, the Kryptonite Spear from Batman v Superman! I commissioned a friend who happens to be great with 3D Modeling (he does it for a living so I hope so) to work this up for me. We both did a ton of research and he actually got to see the movie prop in person during a WB Tour. Well, months later, it has finally been printed and assembled! There was a lot of discussion around how to make the 6 foot spear easy to assemble and transport for shipping, so we decided on a system of keys and grooves on the ends of each piece that can be slotted over a PVC Pipe or a Dowel Rod of the correct Diameter and will lock together. The print will be undergoing a smoothing process very soon, then on to molding and finally, casting and finishing.

I will be casting the Kryptonite in Green-Tinted Translucent Resin, either hollow with LED’s installed, or solid with LED’s embedded. We haven’t gotten to the finishing stages to do tests yet.I toyed around with the idea of adding sound as well, but I just don’t think that there will be enough clearance inside for the electronics required.

Here are a few pics of it fully assembled. I hope you guys like it and these will eventually make their way to the Classified’s. We’ve also discussed selling the Kryptonite by itself with some sort of stand,for those who may not have the space for the entire spear or who are on a smaller Prop Budget.

44.jpg
11.jpg
22.png

44.jpg

11.jpg

22.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back