Rub N Buff on Leather

Stubbs

I am redoing my steampunk Winter Soldier cosplay for DragonCon. I made the last version of the cybernetic arm out EVA, but it didn't survive the AltHistory dance party. The new version needs to be more durable, so I am making it out of leather with overlapping plates and a bazuband-style bracer. Leather will be dyed black as a "basecoat". My first thought was to drybrush over that with silver/pewter acrylic paint, but I think Rub N Buff would look nicer.

Does anyone have any experience with Rub N Buff on leather? How does it hold up in hot/humid climates? Last thing I want is for my clothes to be silver and my arm back to black.

used it on pleather but im in the UK we dont get hot and humid :lol i would test a piece out on a leather belt and apply a sealant like spray lacquer

Rub n buff loves leather:
DSC_9894.jpg

What is nice about it also is you can age and brighten as you go and in the future.

It comes in different colours too.

And I have no transfer, I sealed with resolene though and even used interference pigments to mimic the light effects in ME3.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back