Wolverine's Jackets

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h8ter18 @ Feb 21 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1423640[/snapback]</div>
you should get it started as soon as possible, cus you will not recieve your jacket until summer. 6-8weeks really means 10-12weeks

hey mmvanson, why does the M19 leather appear to be so much thicker than the other leathers in the pics of the swatches.

what is the weight of the m19 vs say the walnut that you have now? and just to clarify the m19 is NOT horsehide? correct?

thanks.
mike
[/b]
it appears to be because of the deep rich color that MI9 has to offer. all comp weight leather 3.2-3.9oz it might feel softer but different color dies make the leather feel different.

horsehide is in a class of it's own very very stiff, MI9 not horsehide. MI9 is cowhide w/ a different dieing process....

mmvanson,

do you think that maybe sometime in the future that horsehide would be an option again? Thanks for your time. And I too will be giving you a call once I get my tax return.. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h8ter18 @ Feb 22 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]1424246[/snapback]</div>
does any of your leather compare to the stiffness of the M19?
[/b]
MI9 leather is really softer than our comp. weight leather, still the same thickness but it feels softer and thinner because of all the die they use at the tannery.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rupert_Angier @ Feb 22 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1424545[/snapback]</div>
mmvanson,

do you think that maybe sometime in the future that horsehide would be an option again? Thanks for your time. And I too will be giving you a call once I get my tax return.. :D
[/b]
I hope it's soon myself because I know I can sell more of these jackets.......

mmvanson,

[/quote]

Too right.. But, do you think horeshide will ever be available again? I'll order one irregardless. :D

it is available now, its just a matter of finding the color you want, and of course paying for it, i remember cole cash saying that his horsehide vanson jacket cost about $900 USD, so its not real cheap.

Well to get a custom wolverine jacket from vanson costs around $700-$800 these days anyway, so what's an extra one or two hundred dollars to get a better leather?

mmvanson,

Too right.. But, do you think horeshide will ever be available again? I'll order one irregardless. :D
[/quote]
let me check i'll get back to you.............

does anyone know anything about using oil on leather jackets?

like the end of my sleeve is a different color than the rest of my jacket (from the oils on my skin) and i would like the whole jacket to be that color. is there a certain kind of oil to use?

I would love to order a Vanson X1 Wolverine jacket. The only problem is that I'm not confident that I could get one that was identicle to the real deal. With all the different leathers out there and different colors it seems like you don't know what you're going to end up with until it gets there. There are so many variations that it has me confused. I'm also worried about getting the right jacket length and the right pattern on the stripes.

Bottom line....if I knew I could get one just like the real deal I would order from Vanson. Maybe all of these problems have been solved and I'm full of it. I don't know.

-Jason M

to jay, your 100% correct, and even if you got a 100% replica of the jacket worn in the film, you would probably say that it was wrong.
main reason is because of everything the prop dept. did to it. that jacket is 1 of a kind, so you will never get one just like the movie, unless you buy one and destroy it in the exact same way they did.

on a side note, has anyone contacted FOX studios recently (maybe mike from Vanson should try as well) to see if we could get some photos of the jacket, different people will help youout in different ways, maybe we could get someone friendly from fox this time?

I'm not referring to the weathering. I'm referring to the leather, the cut and the color as well as the misc stuff like stripes, buttons, zippers and such. I'm also concerned about the fact that some people have requested modifications and aren't always getting them. The replicas are all really nice but I want a Vanson. I just want it to be right and fit me right. I don't feel very confident after reading this thread and some other threads a while back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonnytrooper @ Feb 26 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1427010[/snapback]</div>
Then it would be best if you go to vansons store and get your measurements taken and confirm all of the specifications.
[/b]

And be sure to tattoo on the snap installers hand that you don't want the snap-back snap installed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h8ter18 @ Feb 26 2007, 03:04 AM) [snapback]1426851[/snapback]</div>
to jay, your 100% correct, and even if you got a 100% replica of the jacket worn in the film, you would probably say that it was wrong.
main reason is because of everything the prop dept. did to it. that jacket is 1 of a kind, so you will never get one just like the movie, unless you buy one and destroy it in the exact same way they did.

on a side note, has anyone contacted FOX studios recently (maybe mike from Vanson should try as well) to see if we could get some photos of the jacket, different people will help youout in different ways, maybe we could get someone friendly from fox this time?
[/b]

I could be mistaken, but I think that the jacket was sold when the studios auctioned off everything (remember the story of Xavier's wheelchair?). I remember seeing it, and thinking, "Man, if I had $9,000, I would waste it on this.."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rupert_Angier @ Feb 26 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]1427268[/snapback]</div>
I could be mistaken, but I think that the jacket was sold when the studios auctioned off everything (remember the story of Xavier's wheelchair?). I remember seeing it, and thinking, "Man, if I had $9,000, I would waste it on this.."
[/b]

Yes, you are right. The original was auctioned off someteime after the movie was released. As a matter of fact, I vaguely remember looking at the picture online. If only I would have saved that thing...anybody happen to remember this as well?

As for ordering from Vanson, the only thing that is still off on the jacket is the bottom stripe pattern, which you can specify custom measurments for just a few more bucks. I have received 2 and both had the single snap collar. Fit is perfect as long as you don't have any special needs. I'm a size 42 and it fits absolutely perfectly. Use Vanson's sizing chart and find out where you fit. That's what I did and there are no problems. I will say that upon receiving my first jacket in the octagon color I was disappointed. BUT I was able to send it back and have a new one made with virtually no problems.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back