Wolverine's Jackets

Originally posted by darthgoat@Apr 3 2006, 10:30 AM
David,

Do you have a timeframe from Wested on their Wolverine jacket?

I'm very interested in this.
[snapback]1218998[/snapback]​

I was just thinking the same thing. Soon? Later? Any idea at all?
- John

Wow,..

What a Beating.... All ( old ) arguments aside...

Wolvies Jacket in the 1st movie was made by BATES...
I owned one.... and Have posted in the past...

Wolvies Jacket in the 2nd Movie was made by VANSON...

Believe it or Not, the 2 Jackets are totally diffrent...

Cost of the Vanson... APRX. $ 600.00 - 800.00

Cost of the Bates... $ 1100.00 - 1400.00 depending on Size..
Prices may have changed..

Mantis has huge Dialog regarding both jackets...

The Reason it takes such along tome to make is...

1. Custom Fit
2. Custom Color.. They have to wait for the correct Leather in the Correct Color.
3. Business Volume.. Since you want a One Off,.. and are notpart of mass production,.. Singles are not profitable... Most likely,.. they will hold your order in hopes of getting several more.

Stay Hard,

Snoose

Originally posted by snoose27@Apr 3 2006, 11:07 AM

[snapback]1219035[/snapback]​

You got it backwards.

X1=Vanson, X2=Bates.

Did you sell yours? K

Originally posted by Kittlemeier+Apr 3 2006, 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kittlemeier @ Apr 3 2006, 05:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-snoose27
@Apr 3 2006, 11:07 AM

You got it backwards.

X1=Vanson, X2=Bates.

Did you sell yours? K
[snapback]1219071[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes I sold just about a year ago... My son made a Club Hockey Team,.. And needed New Gear... Sooooo the jacket was sacrifices...

As for the Movie 1 vs 2 thing,,... This is why i never argued to hard w/ Mantis,.. I just knew the Bates version Kicks Ass,,.. I've seen the Vanson,.. I guess if you were a Cafe Racer.. It's OK,.. but their is NO comparison between the two...

Kitts,.. Nice to hear from you... Hope all s well..

I'll shoot youe some of the old Pics I took... Since I still, have trouble posting...

Whats your e-mail addy...

Stay Hard,
Jim

No arguement here...the Bates one is gorgeous. Just for me the first movie jacket screams Wolvy to me...

No timing on the Wested....they seem to be a bit cagey about it. maybe because of liscnesing? dunno.

I gotta go with the Bates on preference. I just love the added detail. The Vanson just screams bulletproof though. Very tough looking(in a good way). We should all be like Mantis and buy them all. I'll just stick with my screen used Lethal Weapon 4 Hilfiger. K

That's true. They said they are working on a Rocketeer jacket since last year. Then in the fall, they announced that they are working on a War of the Worlds jacket. The WotW jacket is out, but no word on the Rocketeer jacket.

Either way, I'll be waiting for Wested to make a Wolverine (Vanson version) jacket.

Originally posted by snoose27@Apr 3 2006, 04:07 PM

The Reason it takes such along tome to make is...

1. Custom Fit
2. Custom Color.. They have to wait for the correct Leather in the Correct Color.
3. Business Volume.. Since you want a One Off,.. and are notpart of mass production,.. Singles are not profitable... Most likely,.. they will hold your order in hopes of getting several more.
Costume fit, with Vanson, might be for people with special requests. Otherwise, they make you a standar adult size jacket, like 42 with me.

Also, my complaint is none of the mentioned aboved was mentioned to me at the time I placed my order with them. I told them I had a deadline, and they asured me I'd get the jacket before it. It has been one broken promess after the other. It's bad bussines practice. I was planning to get them to make me a themed jacket, but they can forget about that.

Hey guys,

A future member to here wanted me to post about the jackets for him since he cannot right now :)

I got the itch to get together some Wolverine stuff since X3 will be out soon. And I wanted to share with the RPF folks since I know a few over there were interested, but of course RPF still doesn't let any new users add on.
If you wouldn't mind posting some info for Sal and others I'd appreciate it...

www.vansonleathers.com - Vanson Leathers made the X-men 1 version, and still makes a version of this one for about $550ish or so...

www.batesleathers.com/home.html - Bates made the X2 version, and can put together a similar jacket, but theirs is in the $1100-$1400 range...

I put together two basic design pages for the first two movie jackets to help move things along with the place I'm talking to about selling these jackets as one of their models. These could possibly be as cheap as the $180 range.

her's what I've got so far...
http://home.att.net/~dan.theman/LoganDesignX1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~dan.theman/LoganDesignX2.jpg

I hope the RPF lets this gent on...I have been talking to him via email and he is creative and passionate about these pojects...just out type of member.

Somebody let him on.

I'm In for 1 Adult & 2 Kids...

These are Leather and Lined Right...

Hey,.. That's my hand in In the Wolvie II

Keep me posted...

Stay Hard,
Snoose

Primrodo,..

Please note that in the Vanson version,.. The Mustard Yellow Trim is the same leather as used in the body of the jacket...

BUT,.. In the Bates version,.. The Mustard Yellow with Maroon Framed trim is done in Pig Suede...

Just wanted to let you know.

Baby Arm,

Snoose

This is from dan the Man himself:

Hey David, if you'd like to respond to Snoose... Yes they are lined and they are Lambskin, should be very comfy.
Not sure how small they'll make them, but if he'd like to give me measurements off of his kids' jakets I'll check.

OK,.. So Here are the Youth Measurements.... I'm a Garmento.. So Measurments are Accurate...

Youth Jkt 1.

Shoulder....................14 1/4"
Sleeve Outside...........17 1/2"
Sleeve Inseam...........14"
Neck Circumference....13"
Center Back length......15 3/4"
Front Length................17" High Point of shoulder.
Chest.........................30 1/4"
High Waist..................28" Under Rib Cage.
High hip......................31" At Belt Line.

Youth Jkt 2.

Shoulder....................11. 3/4"
Sleeve Outside...........15 3/8"
Sleeve Inseam...........12. 1/4"
Neck Circumference....12 1/8"
Center Back length......13 3/4"
Front Length................15" High Point of shoulder.
Chest.........................25 1/4"
High Waist..................22 1/2" Under Rib Cage.
High hip......................23" At Belt Line.

Adult Jkt 46

Shoulder....................18 1/2"
Sleeve Outside...........22 1/2"
Sleeve Inseam...........18 3/8"
Neck Circumference....16 1/2"
Center Back length......21 1/4"
Front Length................23 3/8" High Point of shoulder.
Chest.........................46"
High Waist..................42" Under Rib Cage.
High hip......................39 1/2" At Belt Line.
Stomach.....................43"

6' Ft.
220 lbs
Suit Jkt Size = 46L

Thanks Boys....

Hey,.. We need to get this over to the Junk Yard....

Can The Guy Trying to get this project up & Running contact me...

E-Mail is: spittn_snoose@hotmail.com

Saty Hard,
Snoose

Hmm, very interesting development. I'm definitely in for one of these if the quality is good. Question for our potential new member. Is the company you are working with known for quality? And exactly how close are you/they to having these ready for sale?
- John

Is this leather on the X1 version the same as the one Vason uses? Are these more display pieces or can we actually wear them around in everyday life?

Latest from Dan the Man....for the love of God would somebody accept his member ship already...................

Fellers,

Answering the thread ?s through you Dave is going to be a pain I think, at least on the relayers part. ;-)
The Company's other jacket lines seem to be of very good quality from what I've seen, we'll see with my first jacket if they use my details to make them accurately.
They were hoping to get me pictures of their first jacket by today but said they'd have the pics to me on Monday now. I think they might have needed to get a hold of the longer vent/pocket zippers since they were a bit longer than what they normally use.
These are completely wear around everyday use type jackets, NOT just display pieces. I'm not big on just having this kind of stuff to hang on a wall, it has to be functional for me.

Snoose - I'll check on the kids sizes... Your's falls in the same size as my frame so that's not a problem as it's one of the standard sizes they already do, but the kids may have to be stuck with the range of a standard small since I think they're trying to keep the production within their standard size specs. But that's just a guess til I get a response back from them.

--
Dan The Man
C-Technologies
www.evilmechanic.com

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back