Wonder Woman - Leather Sword/Whip Baldric

FPLeatherCo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a little different from some of my other projects since I'm not doing the whole costume but I though it would be fun and educational to try.

ljljoihgugyugyghyyy.jpg

I found all the references I could and came up with this for the initial mockup. There's still some adjusting to do but I think it's a good start. You can also see the first mockup of the side pieces done in leather. There will be a couple straps on the back to hold a sword and a strap on the side to tie the whip down.

Photo Jul 03, 3 24 36 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 03, 3 24 15 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 03, 3 24 51 PM.jpg

Here's my final template for the side pieces and for the belt tip that goes over the shoulder which I have done in leather too. I think I'm going to use the color of the strap with the pointy end for the final version. Also picked of some Sam Browne button studs and other hardware.

Photo Jul 03, 3 21 35 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 03, 3 28 30 PM.jpg

That's all for now, but more to come soon.

Don't know if you saw this (I have it on Flickr), but I shot this at Warner Bros last summer. It's from the earlier film.

Wonder Woman Detail PE.jpg

Good luck with your project. Off to a great start!

Thanks! I've been looking at some pictures from that event (possibly yours). It looks like they changed the belt slightly for the WW movie but it's harder to find good pictures of that but I've been piecing the design together from both.

Photo Jul 03, 6 46 42 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 03, 5 40 39 PM.jpg

Cut some straps out of a double shoulder of leather I got. Dyed them up and got them attached to the end pieces. They are riveted on then a top layer of leather is glued down to cover the rivets.

Photo Jul 24, 5 49 40 PM.jpgPhoto Jul 24, 5 49 52 PM.jpg

Painted em up and added the button stud and stitching to the front and center.

I'm a little caught up here because I haven't figured out the final lengths of everything and I can't really do anything else until then.

I'm working on this as well! I made a pattern out of foam using some screenshots from the Wonder Woman movie and just when I thought I figured out the back from the blurry low res images the Justice League trailer came out and confirmed the pattern I had made! Hope these screenshots help out.
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 5.50.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-22 at 5.59.04 PM.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back