Revell AT-AT and Snowspeeder

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Always wanted the MR AT-AT with snowspeeder but never got a look in so im looking to build my own using the revell kits. Thinking about the AT-AT 1:53 scale, but which speeder would i need??

If anyone else has done this please show some pics :)

Cheers

Lee

The Revell AT-AT is actually pretty close to 1/72 scale

As such...

you can get the excellent RetroSF snowspeeder
https://retrokitonline.net/product/rebel-speeder-grey-markings/
https://retrokitonline.net/product/rebel-speeder-red-markings/

you can use the DiAgostini die cast speeder it is about 1/70, but has the limitations of being die cast (like no interior etc..)

or you can use the Revell "Pocket" easy kit Snowspeeder (it is around 1/53 to 1/58) (do not confuse with the larger revell version that is around 1/32)

below is a pic of the Revell AT-AT with the Revell speeder on the right and the DiAgostini on the left

here is the revell ones finished

I don;t have better pics at the moment, but here is the Revell AT-AT with the Retro SF 1/72 one and some old micromachine figures along with a bunch of other 1/72 stuff (the slave-1 is revel's and it is closer to 1/80 or so)

I'll try to find better comparison pics when I get home

kL1Ftbm.jpg

The Revell pocket Speeder is spot-on scalewise with the AT-AT. Just put an AT-AT's foot on top of it; it looks pretty much like in the scene where it stomps on Luke's crashed speeder.

The foot in that scene was pretty undersized in relation to the size of the AT-AT from other scenes

So if you are duplicating that scene, then yes, the Revell one is closer to the size

But based on a 22.5 meter size for an AT-AT, the Revell AT-AT model comes out pretty close to 1/72 and the DiAgositini die cast or RetroSF one is a better choice

Revell only makes one AT-AT kit

If you are going with it being 1/53, then you want the Revell pocket snowspeeder since it is pretty much 1/53 as well

However, I don;t think the 1/53 estimate is correct for the Revell AT-AT

If a "real world" AT-AT is around 22.5 meters, in 1/72 scale that would translate to around a 12.3" model (or 31.25 cm)

in 1/53 that would be a 16.71" model (or 42.45 cm)

The Revell AT-AT is between 12" to 13" tall standing straight

Hope that helps

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back