Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

You could also get a pair of v3's with broken lights for 200$

200$ with broken light ???? It's a joke ???
It's too expensive OMG

Just to have the Nike logo and "Air Mag" ? Sorry but no lol

The replica by Universal it's exact the same thing but without logo. They cost only 59/79$ (depending on the size).

In addition to that, I live in France and it's a problem when we wanna get something from the States: taxes (high price, high bank charges and customs duties).

Umm, no. Not me. I can mold and cast parts. No good with electronics.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, really?

Of course I'm exaggerating lol but the replica are in my budget (and the packaging is fun lol).
This modele is perfect to the roleplay

What's the matter McFly? Chicken?

Nobody calls me an electronics expert AjiPro, nobody :p

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I'm exaggerating lol but the replica are in my budget (and the packaging is fun lol).
This modele is perfect to the roleplay

Most of the guys here don't wear them. They have bought as a close a replica as is currently available.

At Cons, your right, 9 out 10 people can't tell the difference.

If I was to buy these, it would be just for the box, because that is cool.

Nobody calls me an electronics expert AjiPro, nobody :p

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the guys here don't wear them. They have bought as a close a replica as is currently available.

At Cons, your right, 9 out 10 people can't tell the difference.

If I was to buy these, it would be just for the box, because that is cool.

I'm agree but 700$ to buy shoes who will go on a shelves, i think it's too expensive.
It's just my opinion but I respect your passion ;)

How'd you calculate that out?

umm you get 6 percent off for western union purchase
you get a 20 dollar discount if you subscribe to their instagram
and they said they were doing them for 1400$;

also for those saying "I only want to pay x amount of money..."
that is not how the world works

let them decide the price, and if they dont sell they will sure bring them down some...

I'm agree but 700$ to buy shoes who will go on a shelves, i think it's too expensive.
It's just my opinion but I respect your passion ;)
I have 2 pair and some guys have many more. I wear one pair and display the other.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quick question for those who have bought the V3 and the V3.1. Have you noticed any difference with the so-called improvements in the strength of the EL panels? i.e. have you been able to wear them without failure or are they all doomed for failure regardless of the updates?

Weighing up these two at the moment but if the 3.1 still fails, it seems like a waste of money opting for them if they're going to break just like the 3.0

Thoughts anyone?

Quick question for those who have bought the V3 and the V3.1. Have you noticed any difference with the so-called improvements in the strength of the EL panels? i.e. have you been able to wear them without failure or are they all doomed for failure regardless of the updates?

Weighing up these two at the moment but if the 3.1 still fails, it seems like a waste of money opting for them if they're going to break just like the 3.0

Thoughts anyone?

As far as we know, the only changes made was to dim the LEDs. The extra tape added to the EL panels is just that, tape, and makes no difference to how fragile the wires are.

Given my next pair is going to be US7 for display only, I might spend the bit extra to get a V3.1.

As far as we know, the only changes made was to dim the LEDs. The extra tape added to the EL panels is just that, tape, and makes no difference to how fragile the wires are.

Given my next pair is going to be US7 for display only, I might spend the bit extra to get a V3.1.

So did they even make any improvement on the dodgy charge port on the heel?

Seems to me unless you're really bothered by the brighter led's or the (seemingly) fresher clearer soles (that are doomed for yellowing anyway) you would be better off going for the $300 versions?

So did they even make any improvement on the dodgy charge port on the heel?

Seems to me unless you're really bothered by the brighter led's or the (seemingly) fresher clearer soles (that are doomed for yellowing anyway) you would be better off going for the $300 versions?

$300? $399 for the original version or $200 for select "broken" lights.

No change to the dodgy port. Still as fragile 0.7mm plug stuck to a control board inside a flexible buckle.

The dimmer LEDs do look nicer in captured photos and are one step closer to the 2011 (considered by many to be the MAG grail here). I guess they would have look nicer to the eye as well. I have not seen a pair myself, just photos. With my own pair, my eye tends to see the LEDs for what they are (clearing the bubble helps here) where a camera just picks up a massive yellow bloom of light. And that light can be too bright in the dark.

In all honestly, having all 12 LEDs on at the same time is a bit of a toss. In the film, when Marty first puts on the MAGs, only the green LEDs are lit. Many think this might have been an electrical issue with the prop shoe on the day of the shoot. Maybe it is, maybe not. I tent to think of them as "shoe life" or battery indicators - start green, turn yellow and eventually turn red as the battery runs down. So having just the green only light up makes perfect sense as these shoes would have been fully charged when Marty gets them out of the FOOTWEAR Tube Bag.

On the original design, they are referred to as "computer lights" and that should suggest that they serves a purpose and not just bling on the shoe.

Last edited:
$300? $399 for the original version or $200 for select "broken" lights.

No change to the dodgy port. Still as fragile 0.7mm plug stuck to a control board inside a flexible buckle.

The dimmer LEDs do look nicer in captured photos and are one step closer to the 2011 (considered by many to be the MAG grail here). I guess they would have look nicer to the eye as well. I have not seen a pair myself, just photos. With my own pair, my eye tends to see the LEDs for what they are (clearing the bubble helps here) where a camera just picks up a massive yellow bloom of light. And that light can be too bright in the dark.

In all honestly, having all 12 LEDs on at the same time is a bit of a toss. In the film, when Marty first puts on the MAGs, only the green LEDs are lit. Many think this might have been an electrical issue with the prop shoe on the day of the shoot. Maybe it is, maybe not. I tent to think of them as "shoe life" or battery indicators - start green, turn yellow and eventually turn red as the battery runs down. So having just the green only light up makes perfect sense as these shoes would have been fully charged when Marty gets them out of the FOOTWEAR Tube Bag.

On the original design, they are referred to as "computer lights" and that should suggest that they serves a purpose and not just bling on the shoe.

If I ever have a chance to meet Bob Gale or Robert Zemeckis I'd like to ask them that question if the color of the lights showing were a malfunction or for the purpose you stated. That and where the hero denim jacket and vest went. And how the jacket was made. Almost every other prop is well documented except for those two pieces.

If I ever have a chance to meet Bob Gale or Robert Zemeckis I'd like to ask them that question if the color of the lights showing were a malfunction or for the purpose you stated. That and where the hero denim jacket and vest went. And how the jacket was made. Almost every other prop is well documented except for those two pieces.

Several people had mentioned that only green lights are seen, and the other day, I decided to take another look at the BDs, and sure enough, green only.

NIKE apparently made the jacket(s) and there was a sort of doco on YouTube a few years back where they explained the choice mostly rubber materials. Like the shoes, several were made but what happened to them is anyone's guess. Given the nature of latex, I'd say it crumbed on most of them.

Given the nature of latex, I'd say it crumbed on most of them.

I'm fairly certain two or three still exist. (At least) I think Nike has 1 or 2, and there is the effects jacket that was auctioned off, containing all the gear and wires to "size" the jacket. And I think there may be one more I've seen outside of those as well.

-Nick

I'm fairly certain two or three still exist. (At least) I think Nike has 1 or 2, and there is the effects jacket that was auctioned off, containing all the gear and wires to "size" the jacket. And I think there may be one more I've seen outside of those as well.

-Nick

Apparently 6 pairs of MAGs were made with 1 pair cut up to make the FX pair.
So it would not surprise me if there was actually 6 jackets made as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back