Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

2016 just won't stop kicking us in the crotches it seems. I agree that the con setting up Carrie's table and having a mental health advocate there would be a great tribute. She was one of the first people to openly talk about bipolar disorder.

Damn, is someone cutting onions in here? That struck a chord with me, cause my sister is my best friend, I cant imagine what you went through man. My sincerest condolences.

Thank you. My sister died in October close to a month after I saw Carrie. My grief is still fresh and my heart goes out to Carrie's daughter, brother, mother and rest of her family. I hope Carrie's mother is OK I can't imagine her daughter, Billie losing her mom and grand mom within days of each other.

Social Justice Warriors attack steve martin...sigh.
How to **** these people off. sometimes beautiful people don't have a smart, sassy and intelligent mind and are dumb or ugly inside ;o)

What I do find nice a bout all these tributes is the star trek people joining in and showing sci fi solidarity. it's rather nice.

- - - Updated - - -

i had no idea that she and dan aykroyd where engaged for a short time. imagine the merging of ghostbusters and star wars :).

now i have to look up this celebrity ghost story thing.

How ridiculous it is that anyone would comment negatively to the tweet that Steve Martin did. Carrie was beautiful, she signed pictures of her in the Return of the Jedi gold bikini at numerous Cons. I guess they completely missed the point of what he was saying, that she was a lot more that just beautiful. Oh well.

Is it worse to be a victim of 2016 or to have to witness and live through it all??

Poor Billie Lourd, losing her mother and grandmother in a matter of days.

553d8576a0d725ee2943c51335b9154f.jpgClipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. My sister died in October close to a month after I saw Carrie. My grief is still fresh and my heart goes out to Carrie's daughter, brother, mother and rest of her family. I hope Carrie's mother is OK I can't imagine her daughter, Billie losing her mom and grand mom within days of each other.

Of course man, I wish I could do something more. Looks like Debbie died too? How tragic. Man. Im at a loss for words right now...

- - - Updated - - -

Is it worse to be a victim of 2016 or to have to witness and live through it all??

Poor Billie Lourd, losing her mother and grandmother in a matter of days.

View attachment 693797View attachment 693798

not to speak ill will of the dead, but man. In some shots, debbie looked better than carrie.

anyone still think you can't die of a broken heart?

just sitting here staring in shock at this one.

People die of broken hearts all the time. There are always stories of spouses who die moments after their loved one does, parents who die shortly after their children. In the case of parents outliving their kids, there's the added pain of knowing that it's something that is outside the natural order of things. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back