Iron Man Hinges?

Hey fellow rpf-ers, I apologize profusely if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find it, so could anyone point me in the direction of some faceplate hinges for my iron man helmet? Ive seen lots of install videos and tutorials so I know what the hinges look like, but no one seems to specify where to get them. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make them. Trial and error with cardboard then fabricate in aluminium or steel. Easy peasy. Check my build and you'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anywhere that I could just buy them? [emoji51] I'm gonna be casting lots of helmets and it would be a lot easier if I could just order some in bulk

Do you have a particular thread that describes your construction of them? Im perusing your threads and they all look like they could contain pertinent info

All you need is one long straight hinge per side, and one boomerang shaped hinge. You will have to experiment with length, but that's the beauty of cardboard. Once you have the hinge lengths and pivot points worked out, it's a simple matter of tracing them onto flat material of your choice and cutting out a hundred of them and drilling the holes. Mass production is easy once you have the first one worked out.

All you need is one long straight hinge per side, and one boomerang shaped hinge. You will have to experiment with length, but that's the beauty of cardboard. Once you have the hinge lengths and pivot points worked out, it's a simple matter of tracing them onto flat material of your choice and cutting out a hundred of them and drilling the holes. Mass production is easy once you have the first one worked out.

Thanks so much mate!

I believe there's another option of having a servo placed on the forehead piece, in the middle. Then you can attach hinges to underneath the forehead on the faceplate. I'm not sure how sturdy it is though.

I guess I'm fortunate to have access to machinery and some well placed engineers in the family, but I tried servos several times and found them flimsy, underpowered and because of their orientation, bulky. You have to make the helmet bigger to accommodate them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back