Batman Beyond WIP

acearchdragon

Hey everyone!

This is my very first build and I'm really excited about it! As the thread title says, it's Batman Beyond. I'm not making it accurate to anything, but my own sort of take to it. I'm still trying to make it as faithful to the show as possible though!

This is what I'm going to be using for the cowl:
Mask.PNG

I put it together and just finished it a few hours ago and here's how it looks:
index.jpg
mask_made.PNG

I'm going to cover it in the fabric I'm using to make the suit!
Speaking of...
I designed it in Photoshop and had it printed locally for R300, which is a really good price if you ask me... It came out perfectly and I'm really happy.
WP_20160617_005.jpgWP_20160617_006.jpgCapture.PNG

I'm going to paint over the pattern with Metallic Black puff paint. I had planned on having it printed in silicone ink, but I couldn't find anywhere to do it...
I'm going to cast the logo in urethane and make it a metallic red. I have to finish this before August, because I'm wearing it with a bunch of friends to Suicide Squad when it comes out. Let me know what you guys think!

Hey looking good so far, especially the design of the helmet. Subscribed, can't wait to see how it turns out

- - - Updated - - -

Hey looking good so far, especially the design of the helmet. Subscribed, can't wait to see how it turns out :cool

Okay so I'm only over a year late, but life kinda got in the way of things. Aaanyway. This is what it looked like when I had sewn it up.
20170721_150156.jpg
I wasn't happy with the colour the suit came out from Dye Subbing it, so I got my own dye and dyed it at home. It was a huge risk because I had no idea how the paint would react, or if the dye would even work, but it did and it looks beautiful.
View attachment 761426

For the belt buckle that Terry's suit has, I bought a Rubies belt from the Nolan trilogy and painted it chrome and red. I'm quite happy with the way it ended.
IMG-20170927-WA0021.jpeg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back