Y-Wing in 1/48th scale?

hi , i Alfred Wong has one , send him an email , he is very professional and a awesome modeler master

http://www.alfredsmind.ca/productspg.html

ywing.JPG

I bought one of these: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=40546
I don´t know about its availability. The site shows a release in 2012. As it is very pricey and back then the producer told me sales were not going well (I think I received the first kit he sold). Maybe he still has some kits to sell.
To be honest though, the castings leave a LOT to be desired. Lots of distorted shapes (engines are not really round), flash, signs of misaligned molds, a wonky head section, ... The main fuselage basic shape seems to have been printed with a very low resolution 3D printer, and little effort was made to erase printing textures. The whole kit seems extremely rushed. I started 'repairs' but realized I´ll have to do quite some scratchbuilding to achieve a finish I´ll be happy with and set it aside. The photos don´t do it justice, but in a negative way. :( Once I´ll find the time, I want to give it a proper treatment though. I think with lots of work it can make an awesome display piece.

The Alfred Wong one is pretty great. He doesn't try to make his kits 100% faithful to the originals -0 but they always "look the part". and with so many variations on the Y-wing who's to say ;) his version does not exist "somewhere" in the universe :). He had it at Jerseyfest a few years ago when he first patterned it... I almost bought it... I did not have the extra cash... I obviously came to the event unprepared :D... Or was that the 1/32 scale one??? both are very nice.

I just checked his site though looks like the 1/48 is sold out.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back