fallout 4 assault rifle

You can use some known proportions, like the size of a hand vs. the size of the grip, to scale up the photo in most basic photo editing software. You can then set about tracing it out in Illustrator or the open source equivalent, inkscape. The process isn't too difficult, though it can be time consuming. Since the game lets you rotate the image (it does right?), then you can take all the shots and do the same thing to get a blueprint like set of sketches.

what would some one charge me to do a vector drawing of this rifle? i can supply them with reference images if they need them. I am asking this because i don't know how to make these drawings on inkscape

I would look into if you can find blueprints of the Lewis machine gun from WW1 as the fallout assault rifle is that with some modifications.

A0385_ex.jpg

well i have a blue print sheet of the T-21 from star wars it is the blaster form of the lewis so for the length i'm using the lewis but for the width it's different

This would by the result of the outline approach. Image needs to be scaled for final result, but the ratios are correct.

FOgunBluePrint.jpg

I left out one or two details, mostly the barrel "nobs" and the magazine.

This would by the result of the outline approach. Image needs to be scaled for final result, but the ratios are correct.

Does anyone have a technique for taking the perspective in to account? In an image like this one, perspective is probably stretching the weapon by a considerable distance; enough distance to make problems when building. (A problem I've encountered several times with video game props.)

I've tried PhotoMatch in Sketchup3D with mixed results. It works in some basic situations where you have some obvious perspective lines to work with.

I've also tried the perspective tools in Photoshop CS, again with very mixed results.

The original image seems to be somewhat fine for perspective, as it is most a flat image from the side. Adjusting for perspective, however, is often something I try to do by hand and guess work. Sometimes the item in question has no real world sense of scale (very true with many video game items). This makes the transition into the real world tricky. Items from the Warcraft world, for example, have comical scales for real life but fit well in the world they inhabit. The trick is determining whether to keep the ideas of create a "real" version. In the above, I scaled the imaged before I traced it; however, the image I posted in response was a screen cap so it lacked the correct scale. The scale I have in inkscape is locked in and based on the know size of firearms of that style (Lewis gun is 50ish inches long, the scale I used put the item in around 51inches based on hand size scaling), the size of human hands, and the general aesthetics I want. This is the "Art" part of the thing, though I admit I am not as good at that part. All I did was glorified tracing and some math.

Given that the assault rifle uses 5.56 rounds and they are 57.40 mm long, so we could expect the magazine is 60mm or a little bit more, AR 15 magazines seem to be 60.452mm wide so taking the shortest version of the assault rifle and counting how many times the mag can fit next to it. we get this:
AssaultrifleFO4.jpg
10 magazines long, which gives us roughly 605mm which is roughly 23.81"

Does anyone have a technique for taking the perspective in to account?
Importing the original 3D file to a program that lets you look at the model from an orthographic view would let you do this. For ex. use modding tools to get the model out and load it into FreeCad.

MDF, LDF, PVC, and copper tubbing for the front tub that enters the barrel? It comes down to what you can afford and what tools you have. MDF and PVC are cheap and can be cut by hand. Wear a mask when cutting the MDF, the dust is nasty stuff.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back