Star Wars Launch Bay

OBIWANJALOPY

So I am taking the kids down to Disney (Florida) in a few weeks. We've been quite a few times, but not in the last year since some of the newer Star Wars stuff has arrived, particularity the Star Wars Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios. (Apparently a fairly big Star Wars shop).

I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on items it would be worth it to pick up. My brother went a few months ago and he picked me up the Yavin Medal, which I enjoyed and thought was perfectly decent for the price point. He also said that they sold some trooper helmets that looked good to him (but he's just a casual fan) and a few odds-and-ends like Imperial Officer hats and Han's belt. What do you all think? Are there items there that are pretty good, or should I just avoid? And what about the trooper buckets? Does anyone know who makes them? Are they worth it?

Any thoughts and advice is always appreciated.

I went last week and they had a bunch of cool stuff. It's nice or see it all together. Buyer beware though, The stuff is marked up pretty good. They had 1/6 scale Sideshow R2 in there for about $25 more than you can get it anywhere else. The best part of the attraction is the Studio Scale models and props on display.

Good stuff here, thank you.

Kind of a bummer about the helmets being pre-order.

And you're damn right about the Disney mark-up. I bought my son a Lego Star Wars set at the park last time we were there. We went to the Lego Store at downtown Disney (not five miles from the park) and saw the same set about about 20% less.

I would say avoid, main reason is that a lot of the stuff are prototypes making them look good just like the anovos TK helmet which at Disney is a really nice looking hero helmet with bubble lens BUT when you get it you will get the TK helmet they are selling now which is the hero one.

There is a Disney app you can download called "Shop Parks". You can search "Star Wars" and it will give you a pretty good list of items both regular retail and park exclusives. It will tell you if they can be ordered or if that are limited to Park pick up only and where the items are found in the parks.

Does anybody know who actually made the Rangetrooper Helmet that is on display there right now? It clearly isn't a screen used one and I know the RPF-members once supplied studio scale models for the launch bay, so there may be a chance that the helmet was made by a fellow member ...
Any hints?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back