TOS Star Trek Exploration Set

Broilermaker

Sr Member
ok two things first; my brother is a big time trekie, 2 his birthday is this coming Saturday. i was at his house Saturday and he was showing me his phaser collection and started telling me about how the first phasers were black with white handles, but because they didn't film well they changed the colors. so i wasnt able to go out Sunday because of Valentine's Day so yesterday afternoon i went to the hobby store and bought this kit. first thing I thought was well ok wrong phaser but i can retrograde it, then I thought ot I don't have time for that. I washed all of the pieces first and assembled what i could and then painted everything. this is a very primitive kit, no guide holes or pins and not one of any two halves lined up. i filed the phaser for a good hour, but didnt file the communicator, which explains the funky silver band.. i was going to drill all the holes on the attenia but messed up and cut that out and added mesh. for the lights i used jewels from michael's. no this is not a typical job from me, but a splash and dash to get it mailed off, my wife was teasing me about oh you finished one. anyway i hope he likes it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    792.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    837.8 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    703.2 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 115
Nice, I love this old kit for some reason. I had it in the 70s. When I noticed in one episode that the phaser handle was white I painted mine to match. Then in another episode it was clearly dark, which was confusing at the time :lol

The last pic with the auction phaser is a fake, they were all repainted so there wouldn't be any black and whites existing today.

hey thanks for that, i did think the was og, but what do i know, it is a fun kit, really on the small side, and it could with some massaging be an excellent kit

I really like what you did with the kit. Top notch and a lot of fun.

I too loved it as a kid. Realized it was too small a few years later. But at the time, everything fit my hands.

Bought a reissue a year or so ago. It's a nice nostalgia kit.

Cheers!

Ted.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back