What highlander sword is the best

From what I've seen, that would be Texas Steel Props and Replicas. Irishamericanlad of this forum is the guy from that company to talk to. His Highlander swords are the real deal and combat ready.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451233452.628261.jpg

Indeed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make the kurgans also.. All of mine are firm the films and series, and mine are actually true fighting steel with carbon Kevlar handle

For my money, I'm very impressed with the United Cutlery swords. For the value, quality and dependability they are tough to beat.

I suppose it all depends on what you're after and your budget. Do you want a less expensive, stainless steel blade with rat tail tang, wall hanger sword like the United Cutlery version or a sword that will help you keep your head and thus your immortality in a fight ;) like the higher quality (for all parts, not just the blade) and thus more expensive, Texas Steel Props and Replicas version? There's nothing wrong with either but they are like night and day in quality and price.

I recently ordered a highlander sword from Irishamericanlad I will let you know what I think when it arrives if you want. I have seen a few pictures and they look nice.

Rolinos

I want to add my part of which swords are best, and ultimately that is entirely in the eye of the beholder,

Marto swords are the baseline for all things highlander, they were the first t offer them, though they are stainless steel blades and brittle resin handle, they are awesome wall hangers and carry the full nostalgia, the Duncan SOTD IS the sword used from season 2 on, it went through the changes of no collar to bronze collar but they were basically pulled from the shelf for filming. The Marto Connor sword, at the time, was the only connection we had to the original masamune, and to be fair it wasn't a bad job all around, it was a very cleaned up version of what on screen. These are still great swords to own and are now considered collectors items, and I have several, including the ones I bought in the 90's. And they hold together very well, as long as you don't drop them.. And the costs are pretty nominal, between 1 and 500 dollars depending on where and how you find them. And they are still 'official' licensed

Then UC came out with their swords, they sculpted their own versions and placed them on carbon blades. The Duncan was awesome, deeper details and a cleaner tsuba, on what they called a full tang blade, however after disassembled it was more of a short tang... The Connor got a lot of flack over the bat nose thing but it was indeed a nice looking sword. A step up in quality from Marto in that they used a stronger resin and, though like Marto they were mass produced and had many many hands in the process and a lot of work was farmed out to other companies. But also nice to display and fun to swing around. Cost wise was pretty good, 2-400 dollars but I have been seeing them go for much much more now. And they are still licensed, though they make no more.

Then there was Sal, owner pf point gallery and sculptor for the first season highlander sword for Duncan, who then re made the season one into the more cleaned up version called the musashi. He made the carbon fiber Kevlar process and hand cast bronze tsubas, each handle made to a specific blade, each tsuba hand cast and hand fitted to a tang. He used specific hanwei blades and made them battle ready. He also had paid for the use of the mentor but gave it the sleeker and more refined handle of the musashi. And these were true masterpieces, steel pinned, tang encased in special resin that doesn't allow for moister to penetrate.

And then there's me, i trained and learned from sal and eventually bought sal out and have been making swords of all kinds, I have improved on his process and use that process for all my work. I do all the work here, from handles to tsubas, each blade is hand picked for each order, no work gets farmed out. But the cost wise is high as considered to the other brands, but I promise my work, customers are with me from start to finish. I'll replace a sword if your not happy...

But again, cost, time, and preference are always a factor:)

Marto USA supplied the Marto Swords to the Production untill later when Procut started to.

Needless to say Marto USA was not to thrilled about that.

I wished I had kept a few of the broken handles from the SOTD , there were quite a few I saw on one of my visits to Marto USA

Marto swords are the baseline for all things highlander, they were the first t offer them, though they are stainless steel blades and brittle resin handle, they are awesome wall hangers and carry the full nostalgia, the Duncan SOTD IS the sword used from season 2 on, it went through the changes of no collar to bronze collar but they were basically pulled from the shelf for filming.

Don't forget the weird 30 dollar red gem specials! Probably more of those things out in the world than anything else. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451417007.753441.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451417093.741255.jpg

Last edited:
For me a fan of the show being able to get a screen cast handle for 300 yup all day long !
I will never understand why anyone needs a "Battle ready " . Your not a highlander this is not ancient Japan . But I guess to say its "Battle ready " wow ? to each his own but I would rather save 1,500.00 and take the Marto . I personally have owned them and the handle to me does not seem brittle at all in my opinion .

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back