Warhammer 40k Bolter finished

Griefboy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished up my Warhammer 40k Bolter this weekend. Turned out pretty good considering my painting skills really suck. It's hard to see in these pics but the silver parts of the gun are Rub-n-Buff pewter that looks really cool when the light hits it just right. Did anyone else finish up this kit yet?

-G

bolter1.jpg

bolter2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good!!!!!

Very cool paintjob, and I really like the weathering you added to it.

That... is a hand cannon. and an awesome one at that!

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I'm really surprised more people didn't jump all over these when they were still for sale in the Junkyard. It's such an iconic weapon even if your not into Warhammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Griefboy, great job with the buildup and finish! I wish more people would post pics of theirs. Here's a slightly doctored photo of the one that I painted up (I decided my shop didn't make an interesting enough background, and the muzzle needed some smoke):
l_bce22ba3b24fbf5026e05840c8fbe410.jpg

There's some more pics of it finished in THIS THREAD. If you're interested, there are details about the building and molding in THIS MYSPACE BLOG. Finally, there's THE ORIGINAL THREAD that got me started on this project.

I took a couple more detail pics too:
Painting010.jpg

Painting008.jpg

Painting007.jpg

And here's a shot with my rather battle-worn helmet:

Finished006.jpg

Figured I might tack on a few photos here- I went the Salamander route. A buddy of mine, Doug Hildebrandt, painted 'em up for me. Very nice indeed.
IMG_0522_1.jpg

IMG_0523_1.jpg

IMG_0524_1.jpg

IMG_0525_1.jpg

IMG_0526_1.jpg

IMG_0530_1.jpg

IMG_0529_1.jpg

IMG_0531_1.jpg

Just found this thread and I must say, beautiful work from all those who participated. Great to see the variations in paint!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back