Mjolnir Thor 2 Hammer

This is just an amazing build...you can't tell the difference between this and the movie prop...

amazing work...

for the chrome what type of chrome paint did you used? I've tried many times to get that effect on a helmet I have but never comes out right even after using black gloss as a base...

- - - Updated - - -

How much for a kit btw?
Thank you. I used Alclad chrome on top of a high gloss black. The black must have a mirror perfect finish, in order to work properly. The Alclad is applied with an airbrush with many super thin coats. Almost dusting the surface. Once that is dry, wipe it gently with a microfiber cloth. Hopefully that helps.

Thank you. I used Alclad chrome on top of a high gloss black. The black must have a mirror perfect finish, in order to work properly. The Alclad is applied with an airbrush with many super thin coats. Almost dusting the surface. Once that is dry, wipe it gently with a microfiber cloth. Hopefully that helps.

Have you found Alclad to be durable? It seemed to scratch and chip very easily when I tried it, and that's after letting it dry for a few days before the microfiber polishing. I'd often find spots where it rubbed right through to the black undercoat, but any kind of sealer immediately screws up the metallic finish.

Have you found Alclad to be durable? It seemed to scratch and chip very easily when I tried it, and that's after letting it dry for a few days before the microfiber polishing. I'd often find spots where it rubbed right through to the black undercoat, but any kind of sealer immediately screws up the metallic finish.

Yes, this is the downside of Alclad. I seal mine with an acrylic paint. If you do it in a few light coats, it won't mess up the metallic look. You can then do a coat of high gloss on top, and make it shine again.

Yes, this is the downside of Alclad. I seal mine with an acrylic paint. If you do it in a few light coats, it won't mess up the metallic look. You can then do a coat of high gloss on top, and make it shine again.

Would you mind expanding on what specific paints or materials you use to seal the Alclad?

Would you mind expanding on what specific paints or materials you use to seal the Alclad?
I use Minwax Polycrylic. But I have also used some acrylic airbrush clear coats. Do some testing, to see what works for you. The acrylic clear is just to create a barrier between the Alclad and whatever top coat you want.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back