Bandai release schedule

That's my plan as well. Though I may not go with the plain whits strip, I'd like it to look at least plausible even if we never saw it powered down in the OT. I'm thinking maybe a translucent gray panel, if it can look dark and opaque but still pass the light bright enough.

I used a unpainted paper thin sheet of styrene in my fine molds falcon (although i did stick the grill over it)

I used Madman Lighting's kit since at the time I had no clue about how to light it.

I really should have added 2 or 3 extra white LEDs to help tone down the blue as well as brighten it up

I probably use the same for my next falcon, but switch to cool white LEDs

KpWArdbm.jpg

...Re the lack of engine grill in the film or on the Studio model, im assuming it wasnt there for ease of adding effects or with engines lit it was drowned out by the light...

The clean light is what I want to see when it's lit up. I'd be fine with the grill if it could be drowned out by the light. That's why I was thinking about translucent gray, it would be more likely to pass the light unobtrusively.

I used a unpainted paper thin sheet of styrene in my fine molds falcon (although i did stick the grill over it)

I used Madman Lighting's kit since at the time I had no clue about how to light it.

I really should have added 2 or 3 extra white LEDs to help tone down the blue as well as brighten it up

I probably use the same for my next falcon, but switch to cool white LEDs

http://i.imgur.com/KpWArdbm.jpg

Nice Falcon. Cool white is best to look like the white halogens, white with a hint of blue fringe.

Okay. Let's see here. I now have one of these on order via Bandai Japan. So I thought I'd compile a little list...

Pros of the 1:72 Bandai Millennium Falcon:

- Looks like it's going to be the most accurate model of the Millennium Falcon commercially produced. Ever.
- It's the classic Original Trilogy Falcon, and the superdetailed five footer version. Not the 32" version. Hooray!
- This is a model made by obsessed purist middle-aged fans for obsessed purist middle-aged fans.
- It's a decent size, but not as huge as the somewhat unwieldy De Agostini model.
- Detail waterslide decals, not those uncool stickers.
- Scale and quality matches a whole line of Bandai 1:72 Star Wars spaceships.
- Seems to have some photo-etched parts, but we don't know what yet. Hopefully the engine fan grilles; perhaps the cockpit back wall. The news release says the photo etch is for the "duct portion," though whether that means engine grille or fan grilles we don't yet know.
- Backlit cockpit; unknown if the internal cockpit sidewalls are lit.
- Engine lights. In proper white, rather than the blue from TFA.
- Gunbay details. Unknown if both bays are included.
- 680 parts, so a fair amount of time required to lovingly assemble it.
- Doesn't have the stupid incorrect cockpit tunnel ridge greeblies that other Bandai Falcons have.
- Allegedly includes all the greeblies that existed at time of shooting that have since fallen off.
- Nicely replicated battle damage.
- Ramp. Unknown if it's on a hinge, or is a two-parter. Hopefully a hinge.

Pros or cons depending on you:

- Unlikely to include the ESB-era extra landing gear and legs, if that's the version of the Falcon you prefer.
- No ESB-era headlights and under saucer lighting. Which is either a plus or a minus. It's more era-accurate to omit it, but the lights are cool.
- No interior hold detailing like De Agostini's. Which is either really fun or a toy gimmick.
- Doesn't include the shooting model's cockpit, which looks nothing like the full-size sets, if you're a totally unreasonable purist.
- Includes landing gear lights, which arguably first appeared in ESB, and didn't exist in ANH. The Death Star scene has some lighting of the landing legs, but it seems to be lit from the set floor, not the ship itself. But this is kind of a pointless thing to argue about, as all you need to do is not install those LEDs if you dislike them.

Cons of the 1:72 Bandai
Millennium Falcon:

- Limited edition; total production run unknown
- Not available in all countries (eg: the UK)
- Relatively expensive.
- Oddly, it has the incorrect ESB cockpit interior, rather than the shorter ANH cockpit. What the heck is this? De Agostini did the reverse - they put the incorrect ANH cockpit into an ESB model ship.
- Includes a stand, but it's sort of dorky looking.
- Has the arguably era-incorrect TFA engine grille design. Though if you want to slap a blank piece of white of plastic in there, to emulate the original shooting model's look, you obviously could quite easily. I'm sure people will make 3D printed Special Edition grilles for those who prefer them.
- Because it's so accurate, less futzing around will be required to make it perfect. You'll snap it together, paint it, and go - is that it? And you'll be all bummed that there's nothing else to do.
- Not only that, but any monkey who buys this will be able to make the perfect Falcon. What's the more prototype-than-thou Falcon aficionado going to do?
- Incapable of achieving lightspeed.
- Unlikely to cure cancer, bring about world peace, or generally stop people being crappy to each other.

Have I missed anything?

So is this a limited run by Bandai or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the order page (Google translation):

This product has limited production capacity this time.
As soon as we reach the reserve quantity, we will close the reservation application reception.
Please note.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use sites like www.tenso.com
They give you a mail box and a address in Japan.
I use it all the time.

I'm trying to signup on the Bandai site, but when it asks for a phone number and I give the Tenso one (0357393341) it says it can not be registered... I've Googled it and couldn't find a solution, but what number did you use for your account? :D

I'm trying to signup on the Bandai site, but when it asks for a phone number and I give the Tenso one (0357393341) it says it can not be registered... I've Googled it and couldn't find a solution, but what number did you use for your account? :D

Jose Castro Lee
120-0023
東京都, 千住曙町42−4
Ts504215転送コム
Japan
電話番号: 0357393341

I use that address in amazon.co.jp with out any problem

電話番号: 0357393341

I use that address in amazon.co.jp with out any problem

Thanks Jose. I think it must only be Bandai Japan that identifies that phone number as a parcel forwarding service and has it blacklisted as a valid number... Hmm I doubt they'll call the number, let me see what else I can input here hehe

Thanks Jose. I think it must only be Bandai Japan that identifies that phone number as a parcel forwarding service and has it blacklisted as a valid number... Hmm I doubt they'll call the number, let me see what else I can input here hehe

I know people that use tenso with bandai Japan, I will try to find what they do.

Being in the UK I have pre-ordered with my imagination so far :D

Hopefully with so many Countries being able to sell them i will be able to get one at an ok price! :thumbsup

Here's a laugh for you

From Revell

They must have picked up what Dragon dropped

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/images/products/1498041968-13982200.jpg

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/plast...series-millennium-falcon-star-wars-kit-p12297

For £89.95 (RRP £119.95,....thats double the price of the Bandai 1/144

J

For £89.95 thats £25.95 on top of double what i paid for Bandai's superior model :wacko At £119.95 thats nearly 4 times what i paid :lol

I just read on Bandai's Twitter an article about the 1/72 Falcon, you need a magnifying glass to see some of the detail on this one! the Molds must be laser cut Art, you could hang them on the wall :cool

Yes, Revell sells the Finemolds-Version - just a repack... compared to this price, the bandai does not seem so much more expensive... :)
One of the first models I bought was that 1/144. Paid $99 from my lhs. Then I paid $25 a year later from hlj

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back