Bandai release schedule

The Bandai 72 looks truly majestic. I've gone quickly over the photos and I can't see any errors at all. None of the mistakes of the 144 and 350 models are seen here! Even details that have fallen off since shooting and aren't present on the surviving five foot model are there. Dang.

Except the grilles are basically SE. And the cockpit interior details are ESB, not ANH. (Wrong side panel depth, incorrect front console details, light bars seem to align, pilot-side console levers, nav panel display is wrong, and steering yokes are present) Which is fine - you've got to give us completist nerds something to work on! How else can we be holier and Falconer than thou? :)

- nkg

(And yes, I know that the original five foot shooting model had a cockpit that didn't match the full size set, that it lacked gunport interior detailing, and that its engine was just a bent sheet of white plexiglas!)

Perhaps they will have a web exclusive version and a standard version. The web exclusive may contain something additional like the lighting module.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

$400 is going to be a bit hard to swallow, but on the other hand it looks like it won't require hours of major surgery, a separate lighting kit, or a bunch of photo etch and Shapeways extras to get it passably accurate. Just paint and TLC.

The only real question for me is whether I go for it now or wait to see if Bandai releases a non-limited edition version, maybe without the lighting kit. If they were to drop the lights and drop the price to around $300, I'd be in like Flint. It's hard to imagine Bandai won't continue to make this thing available for years to come. It's an evergreen kit. It's like printing money.

How else can we be holier and Falconer than thou? :)

- nkg

I, for one, would never stoop to rubbing my Falcon in anyone's face :angel but I know for sure that when I get this (not if) I'm going to make it the Falcon I wanted when I was 11 years-old and walked out of the original movie for the first time. I want it to look EXACTLY like it did when it backed out of the Death Star hangar bay, spun around, and blasted away. I may go so far as to do the plexiglass engines and 5-footer faux cockpit from the studio model. This may be the rare case where my goal will be to replicate the studio model rather than the "real" ship the studio model was supposed to represent.

As mentioned, limited editions probably only means this first release. Other boxing's should follow with different options or different movie versions.

That said, can't wait to be the first to get my hands on this!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As my wife and I were just having coffee, I told her about the Bandai announcement and walked her through why this 1/72 Falcon was a big deal -- a Holy Grail model. Then she asked the dreaded question: "How much is it." I gulped. "Just over $400 with shipping." Then without batting an eye.

"Of course you should get it."

I married UP! :love

Wifes and modelkits :) :)

When I recieved my BB-8, she was three-times shocked.
First, the delivery box wich was almost twice the size due loads of bubblewrap.
Second, I spread out all part on the dinning table, wich is about 1x2 meter.
Third, she already figured this will be big, and started whineing ( I guess she has no idea about the size of the DeAgo falcon until I finish it in Dec. ;)

But in the end she liked the finished kit, and altough a model kit I talked her into it to see it as a scaled replica, that fits perfect to my collection of scaled MR lightsaber :) :)

I don't ask my wife about models at all. I make the money, I buy what I want. She doesn't even mind anyway. She loves them. She's super excited about my AT-AT build because she loves dioramas alot.
Well, we are a double income family with two kids in daycare. And we live in Toronto. Tiny house. Huge mortgage.

Need I say more?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Even if I made all the money in our household, our marriage contract is one of mutual support. The money I make is our money and I made a vow to support our family. I've got kids starting college, a house, investments, heathcare, daily expenses... I can't just drop hundreds on a single bookshelf-sized model without thinking about it context of the lives I've pledged to support. I'm happy to run a purchase like this past my partner. Given everything she does for me, it's the absolute least I can do.

I, for one, would never stoop to rubbing my Falcon in anyone's face :angel but I know for sure that when I get this (not if) I'm going to make it the Falcon I wanted when I was 11 years-old and walked out of the original movie for the first time. I want it to look EXACTLY like it did when it backed out of the Death Star hangar bay, spun around, and blasted away. I may go so far as to do the plexiglass engines and 5-footer faux cockpit from the studio model. This may be the rare case where my goal will be to replicate the studio model rather than the "real" ship the studio model was supposed to represent.
What do you mean by the faux cockpit?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Any guesses as to how wide the 1/72 falcon will be on its angled display stand? When I ultimately get one of these I wonder if it will fit in my display case :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back