Rifts Glitter Boy WIP

PepArmorSmithe

First off I wanna give a big hat tip to Shadeling for the pep files for this beast. Second I'm new to TheRPF so Hi all. (Already posted in the introduction thread)

This is both a help me I'm a Noob and a WIP thread. Being new to pepakura I'm wanting to know how do you guys get into all the weird odd angles of your builds with hardener and fiberglass and junk?

I like being different and let's face it everyone has HALO Ironman or Star Wars.

So why not be really different and go big right? Over all size is ten feet tall for this build and I'm 6'3". What is a good light weight way to cover the missing four feet?

I've seen wood, actual stilts, and a really cool PVC pipe design.

Also I'm thinking about going VOC free and using something other the fiberglass and bondo, so any suggestions there?

I've looked into the smooth on free foam air epoxy puddy but not sure how it will stand up in place of bondo for smoothing the outer surface.

Anyone use that and if so how did it work for you?

Any that's all I can think of right now as far as questions but I'm sure to have more. Thanks in advance!!

also please excuse the pictures. Not sure why they show up sideways...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back