Han in Carbonite front panel in Zenix Box build depth question?

niennumb1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good Morning!

I am getting pretty close to the stage of placing my Stormrider HIC cast in my Zenix wood box build, but am concerned about this next stage of it and would like some insight from people who have built theirs already.

When the frame is built there is the part where you mount boards underneath the frame for where Han and all the carbonite smeary stuff goes in. From all the reference material it appears that stuff sits pretty close to level with the framing, which means I am potentially filling this facing with about 1/2" of stuff, which would bury the Han casting down by 1/2". Should I be mounting the Han facing on top of maybe a lighter 1/4" board and then blend it all from there? I just don't want to have Han sunk into the carbonite more than it should be when I get to that part of using the filler.

Or did you maybe just start it higher, but blend it downward to the shallower part of the mold?

OR was the Stormrider mold designed with that 1/2" depth in mind to where that is supposed to be that way? From the way the casting looks, It shouldn't go much deeper than it was created.

I hope this makes sense and I know it's hard to explain in words. Thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back