Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

Ok I am a de de dee and yes I'm leveling but I think I'm messing up with the story line. I wish the game had a better tutorial. I'm considering cheating and watching some walk throughs on a side note the woman isn't into shooting games. I'm considering getting Last of Us.. Is it something a couple can do together? Not joint play but something she can sit with me and we kinda watch and play together. How is the story? Thanks

Ok I am a de de dee and yes I'm leveling but I think I'm messing up with the story line. I wish the game had a better tutorial. I'm considering cheating and watching some walk throughs on a side note the woman isn't into shooting games. I'm considering getting Last of Us.. Is it something a couple can do together? Not joint play but something she can sit with me and we kinda watch and play together. How is the story? Thanks

My wife is the same way. Loves to "play watch". The Last of Us is perfect for this, as long as she's okay with crying her eyes out.

I agree with The Last of Us but don't watch it if you're not ready for some major hits right to the feels. I had the ps3 special edition and still got the ps4 edition.

I almost have her convinced lol. So I'm level 6 got a Vanguard gun. Thing is a beast. Has everyone found the 5 gold chests on earth? I've only found 1

Are they different from the normal loot chests? When my wife plays she's the more thorough one checking every secret place. I suppose I've just run through it so far. I'm lvl 16 now, woohoo!

I really need to put this game down and work on my builds! But all work and no play etc..

I almost have her convinced lol. So I'm level 6 got a Vanguard gun. Thing is a beast. Has everyone found the 5 gold chests on earth? I've only found 1

I've got four of the five Earth Chests,one is down the coast on the ships level, just run down the sea cliffs to the left . Another is on the first Hive level where at the end you fight the Captain in a building and if you jump on top of it and have a look around there's one at the back. Another is in a cave as you come down from the Hive level and go through the canyon to the coast. The cave is high in the clifffs. Can't remember the other one is probably because it was the first I found. Check all the caves and buuildings for ghosts and loot chests, it helps build up the weaponry and armour and saves money, don't spend that dosh until you have to. Upgrading the weapons really seems to help in the Crucible or else I'm used to playing with the stuff I've got. Nearly finished Venus, its much better with more armour and fire power.Level 20 and counting!!!!

Gonna ask a stupid question (since I see a lot of X1 and PS4 users here) if anyone happened to have gotten it for 360? Everyone on my friends list got it for X1 or Playstation, and I have no one to play with... I like to have communication during the Strike/Raid Missions and Crucible; the pairing up with random players really sets me off from doing anything.

Well, I've completed Destiny . And I have to say I really enjoyed it once I left the Earth level, which as the openning arena was very bland and so like many other games that it was a bit of a disappointment. BUT once I got to the Moon and Mars I really got into it, as the environments and enemies were far better ,though having improved weaponary and armour helps. That also translated over into the Crucible, my rifle which is maxed out now seems to have considerably more accuracy and power, but again that may be due to the fact I'm now used to it. I'm finishing middle of the pack now, but I cannot compete with the reflexes of people probably decades younger. It comes down to a fraction of a second but I'm still getting wacked and double kills, both me and the enemy at the same time are quite common.
Its a shame every mission returns to the same starting point on each planet, that makes the storyline feel repetitive as opposed to the smooth progression in Halo, and it is a slow build to get to a "Masterchief" level of invincibility, but it was worth it in the end. Still can't find all the golden cheats but above a certain level they seem pretty pointless anyway. Don't know how much more play I'll get out of it, these multiplayer on lines might be alright for those who like to endlessly duel or run tactical battles but I preffer an immersive story that takes me out of the world for a while. Role on Halo and I might upgrade to an Xbox One for that.

I'm still a low level 9. I've opened the moon but I'm grinding on earth. I do agree that I'd like different spawn point but meh. Are you getting the expansions?

Hey guys I'm one of the people on Xbone as well so I would love to join up with any other players. All my friends bought the PS4 version so I'm basically running the game solo. I'm a level 15 Warlock.

Also if anyone is planning to make costumes from the game check out this facebook group I started for people to share tips and ideas with here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/255351411342343/

Turns out I'm not done with it yet. Hit 23 and a few new missions openned up, particulary one on Venus which will clear up a question for everyone. Turns out those unkillable Pretorians are actually level 26 robots, and so, I imagine, are those Knights in the Russian levels. There are three rings that you have to clear the Vex out of at the same time to get a spire going ,so you need a strike squad and it is VERY hard. Those Prets are accurate and take some stick, whilst the goblins are level 20+ as well. You use up ammo like nobodies business> Infact one of my tips would be always have an heavy ammo pack spare from the gunsmith for those big boss levels at the end of the missions where you need a strike team, then try and get the others to distract whilst you thump it. Just me and one other guy did that (cos the other disappeared) and the bonuses were gratifying. Interesting in the crucible there are some players with huge levels that are just killing the field with their Vanguard grade weapons.

I picked up this title digitally for the 360 at launch for the option to upgrade later to the Xbox One and have so far enjoyed the cooperative play, PvE and the occasional hints of MMO sprinkled in. As with most titles the hype bandwagon certainly depicted only the most alluring components of the game and some casual gamers were disappointed with the final product, I was a tad irked by some bits of the game mainly the lack of a cohesive or compelling story and the monotone voice over work. The game overall is a pleasant experience and can be enjoyed by those folks who don't mind a few hours grinding away for a possible exotic or legendary engram or those who are use to the traditional PvP approach to earn those same rewards. Both methods are valid and can be done separately or in tandem.

In conclusion the game is fun, though it can be repetitious and some noticeable balancing issues at the moment need to be addressed but as a co-op title it shines and the promise of new expansive content is enough to satiate gamers for the immediate future.

If anyone happens to be on the 360 still and is looking for a group to hop on with for a nightfall strike or raid and a bit of friendly banter be sure to send me a request on XBL at Otakugakuto.;)

Here's what I've come around to thinking, the story mode isn't really the selling point. It's the platform of the "shared world" MMORPG that they're really selling, which could explain the big marketing push behind the expansion packs.

Here's what I've come around to thinking, the story mode isn't really the selling point. It's the platform of the "shared world" MMORPG that they're really selling, which could explain the big marketing push behind the expansion packs.

Does the universe itself change based on the actions of the masses? Like, if everyone goes to raid Tau Ceti 5 or whatever, does this mean that you can over-harvest the Ceti Eel population so that there aren't any left? Or is it more that everyone's running around playing at once, but you could play it basically all by your lonesome and never interact with other players?

Basically, is it just a less cartoonish Borderlands, or is it something else?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back