Oh, look. ANOTHER Baby Groot...

I know everyone and their Raccoon has been doing one of these but I FINALLY got mine finished after numerous road blocks.

20140825_181604.jpeg

20140825_181641.jpeg

20140825_181703.jpeg

20140825_181736.jpeg

20140825_181813.jpeg

20140825_181721.jpeg

He's not terribly accurate considering the very limited reference I had at the time of sculpting him (but of course I find out the video and animated .gif popped up online the DAY I poured the first half of my mold :facepalm ) but I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out :)

adorable! I'd say its pretty damn close, no real good high def pics of baby groot available yet. ya I still have to make one for my son to hold while he's rocket raccoon. I just ordered a dancing flower (different then the ones everone else has been using) and Im gonna strip it down to see if I can alter it to be baby groot. Im gonna hide the mp3 player playing I want you back at the bottom of a pot.

nice, very nice grtz !!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thank you very much!

adorable! I'd say its pretty damn close, no real good high def pics of baby groot available yet. ya I still have to make one for my son to hold while he's rocket raccoon. I just ordered a dancing flower (different then the ones everone else has been using) and Im gonna strip it down to see if I can alter it to be baby groot. Im gonna hide the mp3 player playing I want you back at the bottom of a pot.

Thanks! The animated .gif that popped up when the video did was pretty decent quality to make out some details that I just couldn't see in my reference photos. I thought I had the details pretty close and then that showed up and I started cussing up a storm because I had just poured half a gallon of silicone over a sculpt I could have altered had I just been on the internet a couple of hours earlier. :lol Oh well. Sith happens.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! Is the flower you're using run off of a motor? I've toyed with the idea of making a soft foam or even silicone skin that I could put some kind of motorized "skeleton" inside.

Thank you very much!

Thanks! The animated .gif that popped up when the video did was pretty decent quality to make out some details that I just couldn't see in my reference photos. I thought I had the details pretty close and then that showed up and I started cussing up a storm because I had just poured half a gallon of silicone over a sculpt I could have altered had I just been on the internet a couple of hours earlier. :lol Oh well. Sith happens.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! Is the flower you're using run off of a motor? I've toyed with the idea of making a soft foam or even silicone skin that I could put some kind of motorized "skeleton" inside.

I am not sure what's inside. It's run off of triple as but I'm still waiting on it to arrive. I had the same idea, sculpt, make a cast and make a latex or silicone sleeve to allow movement.

I feel your pain, i've been there with the whole completing something and finding out its not accurate :( . I had to alter my sons rocket raccoon mask more as the movie pics posted. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if you are all aware, but Marvel released a full-HD copy of the baby Groot clip recently.

I'll have to look. Thanks!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back