Guardians of the Galaxy: The tape deck on board the Milano

Thanks! Headed back to the shop after the holidays to add the milling details on the top of the large left and small knobs. I probably won't have time before the new year but we will see. Im open to making a few sets but these bad boys take a while to lathe set up and mill. Im not that fast and still rusty.

photo 1.JPG
Did some work on the meter graphics.

Almost done with one. The knobs are a pain to do. Also setting the tape deck into the back of the facing. I have to do that tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

O yeah i buggered through the frame as you have to mount the wood from the rear, filler and repaint will fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 793
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 807
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 3,418
Its a about a hundred in parts. This was the test one to do the metal bezels.:)

I may do a run on the metal bezels for a few people, less then 6 sets for sure.

I have a vintage 1970s era Pioneer cassette tape deck that i am willing to butcher to make an actual working wall mounted MILANO cassette player. Would love to buy the metal bezels, tape deck buttons and related metal parts if ever avail.

Guys,
in no way was this an interest thread, just putting it out there, im not taking an interest list right now. In fact im quite lazy a doing some of that. There are however a few people that began this project that had interest in the bezels. I counted an it was about 6 people total. This was about 3 months ago. So if it does happen, you know who you are, may get dibs on a set. Otherwise any left over sets would into the junkyard. I am Not making knobs for anyone else. It is a ton of work. Also the reason i dont take money up front, i am not a professional prop maker or machinist or rich dentist. This just a hobby

You will see an interest thread if it does happen. I will reply here and bump it so you know if they become available. I just have a lot of project right now.

Great thread. I am in the early stages of making a replica. I got the wrong troll lol. right one is on its way I think but still the one I got was pretty close. today I sorted through 12 packs of cards and found the ones I need :)
the treasure hunt is the best part....

10903472_721173824656619_1294890719_n.jpg

10864863_615689225220477_710166374_n.jpg

The troll with the shirt is a stock troll called the hiker troll but there are two versions the kne with the green backpack is the common one to find. Also on the alf cards you kind have to buy the whole sets or ask the card numbers needed.

Soulinertia. You should do a run of the plaid shirts and pants.
i found mine on ebay. They used to be easy to find at about 10 bucks. Now uber rare. I think there are a few different orange hair troll faces used as a gag on the movie.

I ended up buying a purple haired toll for the cloths and a orange haired troll that I thought was correct until I got it and discovered all the small differences, like with the mouth, ears etc.

I searched troll backpacker to find this one but like Abe said it is also called the hiker.
I think it would be near impossible to find a orange haired correct troll dressed correctly so be ready to buy two lol.

The Alf cards I just took a gamble and bought 12 packs that were on auction for $6.00 shipped. I did see a bunch of auctions that listed the cards by the number which would be helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you find the shirt for the troll eviltig? Is it vintage? Looks brand new.

Yeah its vintage, I think the person that had it was a collector from the start lol. does look new, I just hope the next troll comes in with the right look about him lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back