Aquaman (Post-release)

What did you think of Aquaman?

• Total voters
Unless his CGI is still in the works, this looks pretty bad to me. The eyes are way too huge, the suit looks too bulky and cumbersome. Injustice 2 got it right. Nice and sleek!:thumbsup

View attachment 832788
Looks more like an alien inside the suit!

I dont see how the eyes are way too big. The bottom right is clearly an angle that makes them look big but the bottom left is an angle that makes them look smaller than the injustice photos.

Out of most comic book characters turned into movies from both Marvel and DC I'd say this is easily one of the more faithful ones.

You're kidding right? You don't see the size difference between both pics?
BM.jpg
This is a photo of the suit taken at SDCC. Those eyes are ridiculous!:facepalm

I'm confused...how come King Orm and the Atlantean army didn't defend the motherbox and fight Steppenwolf during events of Justice League?

I recently watch Justice League, and while it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, it wasn't great. I really like Jason Momoa (disappointed that his Conan the barbarian reboot flopped), but I just didn't really like the character (though the "so, you talk to fish?" line was funny). I think I was expecting him to be a little more standoffish, arrogant and regal. Honestly I was hoping he'd be more like Namor, the Submariner from Marvel, kind of a jerk.

Again, I think DC fell short for its character writing and development.

I didn't hate JL, it was vastly better than BvS, on par with Wonder Woman. But, so far, I've not watched any DC movies in the theater (aside from Watchmen), Aquaman won't be the movie to break the streak.

You're kidding right? You don't see the size difference between both pics?
View attachment 833313
This is a photo of the suit taken at SDCC. Those eyes are ridiculous!:facepalm
Now that you mention it, I dont think the size matters, I thin its the way they are turned, they are turned up a little making it look almost childlike, it needs to be more even to look more dead eyed so to speak, from that angle, it almost looks like an emoji, or eve from wall E.

Now that you mention it, I dont think the size matters, I thin its the way they are turned, they are turned up a little making it look almost childlike, it needs to be more even to look more dead eyed so to speak, from that angle, it almost looks like an emoji, or eve from wall E.

Either size or positioning of the eyes, I just don't like it. I hate when they change up Villans and not for the better! The shocker in Spider-Man Homecoming is UNFORGIVABLE!:thumbsdown

Either size or positioning of the eyes, I just don't like it. I hate when they change up Villans and not for the better! The shocker in Spider-Man Homecoming is UNFORGIVABLE!:thumbsdown
But Shocker didnt really do anything if I remember lol

Pretty much all villains have been changed up, because if they don't, they would come off as laughable. Imagine Vulture in his more comic book appearance. homecoming would've been ridiculous if that was what se got. Shocker was a support villain, and didn't need the mask. They gave him enough to recognize him from the comic, but modernize him to be more visually relatable.
Steppenwolf, however, was a joke, just like Ares was in Wonder Woman. Warner Bros needs to step up their CGI/ Mo-Cap game, big time.

I am not remotely interested in this movie, unless I hear that Aquaman rides around on a gigantic pink sea horse.

A2562767-9FE3-4CC3-869C-D84EB183222B.jpeg
“YEAH-YAH!!!”

I am scratching my head about the demographic they are hoping to capture with Mamoa’s version of the character. My guess is that it’s the WWE crowd?

27D365C3-C69D-41C4-AE5F-90E600C17685.jpeg
“Let me tell you brotherrrr about all the Aqua-Maniacs’!!”

I giggled when I watched TJL and he swigged down his bottle of booze, while walking down the dock, and smashed the bottle into the ocean (because Aquaman is an environmentalist, you know, who likes to litter into the ocean) with the “rock n’ roll” score in the background.

So BADA$$ brah...

Maybe we’ll see him smash a beer can against his forehead and toss it into the sea while “Let The Bodies Hit The Floor” plays in the background in his solo movie? “YEAH-YAH!!”

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, perhaps if he added a pink sea horse to his get-up—which is 100% accurate to the source material...game changer.

Last edited:
Don’t know if it will be good, that preview sure as hell convinced me to go see it. It looks absolutely gorgeous, vibrant colors, long tracking shots and top notch costume design... If it’s entertaining, it’s going to be a win for me.

that trailer looks very very familiar... BIG, EPIC, SWEEPING, COLORFUL!! oop's my bad its a copy of the GREEN LANTERN trailer... :unsure

Don’t know if it will be good, that preview sure as hell convinced me to go see it. It looks absolutely gorgeous, vibrant colors, long tracking shots and top notch costume design... If it’s entertaining, it’s going to be a win for me.

Seems like they're making some kind of honest effort to step away from Snyder's darker version of the JL. And it looks like it's shaping up to be a lot of fun.

I'll definitely go see it.

Its definitely another firm step away from the old DCU, more in line with "Wonder Woman" cinematography. I'm very impressed with the variety of designs, many of the Seven Kingdoms look distinct and with interestingly separate ecologies and societies. It looks better than I anticipated. Here's hoping.

I hope not. I hated most of the Wonder Woman cinematography. It held onto all that dark and gritty BvS and MoS film work.

Still, this looks better than I expected, but I think I'll still wait for a home release.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back