Aquaman (Post-release)

What did you think of Aquaman?

• Total voters
I loved this movie. The cinematic experience was fantastic. Some great shots that were just a wonder to see.

Personally im super hyped to see this movie on the weekend. Already seeing its going to pass 600 million worldwide tonight, being projected to pass a Billion before the end of the run!

Really hyped for Shazam and Wonder Woman 2 as well.

Just looking at the box office right now, I dont think DC is going anywhere anytime soon lol.

1. Not bad for DC.
2. Story follows comics fairly well.
3. The movie is fairly well cast and the humor is well placed.
4. Jason Momoa and Tem Morrison were really good.
5. Beginning felt like Splash meets Superhero universe.
6. Gungan City IS Atlantis. Fortunately there are no Gungans.
7. Boba Fett IS Aquaman's half brother.
8. CGI is kind of rough..
9. Prepare to be lectured about how the 1st. world is destroying the seas.
10. All in all, Aquaman might be the one that saves the DCEU. I give it a 6.5/10 and a 9.5/10 in the DCEU.

Last edited:
1. Not bad for DC.
2. Story follows comics fairly well.
3. The movie is fairly well cast and the humor is well placed.
4. Jason Momoa and Tem Morrison were really good.
5. Beginning felt like Splash meets Superhero universe.
6. Gungan City IS Atlantis. Fortunately there are no Gungans.
7. Boba Fett IS Aquaman's half brother.
8. CGI is kind of rough..
9. Prepare to be lectured about how the 1st. world is destroying the seas.
10. All in all, Aquaman might be the one that saves the DCEU. I give it a 6.5/10 and a 9.5/10 in the DCEU.

I’ve met Jason - as I know his cousin. He’s a genuinely cool dude. Huge man. Like, you can see he’s built on screen, but that doesn’t prepare you for when you actually see him in person. Handsome as hell, and not someone I’d introduce my wife to, lol.

I’m glad that DC’s tone with this isn’t “serious” or bleak, and hope that this does save DC’s movies.

Last edited:
A lot of continuity errors with what was established in Justice League makes me think this is a seperate universe

From what I understand, Wan might have written the script based on Snyder's original dialogue for Justice League and not the Whedon reshoots.

My wife and I saw it this evening in Real 3D and I thought it was amazing. I have never been an Aquaman fan, but this may have been the best DC has put out. IMHO it gave the MCO films a run for their money.

Went in cold after paying $60 for tickets, pop corn and a drink. Needed about one hour of editing.....badly. Such a bloated movie. There is an original Star Wars documentary where they tell how there are multiple hands who get to tell the story, The editors can retell the story and make or break the story. I think they phoned it in on this one. Lots of good content, but they included lots of storyline and scenes that were flat.

Last edited:
My wife and I saw it this evening in Real 3D and I thought it was amazing. I have never been an Aquaman fan, but this may have been the best DC has put out. IMHO it gave the MCO films a run for their money.

...Needed about one hour of editing.....badly. Such a bloated movie ... I think they phoned it in on this one. Lots of good content, but they included lots of storyline and scenes that were flat.

This seems to summarize everything I've seen said about the film. This one has even less middle ground than most movies these days. You've either got people coming out of it, not only seeing nothing wrong, but saying it was fantastic, and may be the first sign of the DCCU pulling itself up out of it's foul ups... along side of folks that think it was terribly done.

I'll have to wait for it to hit prime or netflix myself. I plan on watching it for sure. Hopefully I fall into the "it's a hoot" camp; but I'm super unforgiving of DC films these days, so I suspect I'll be nit picky, instead of just trying to enjoy.

I really dug the movie. It's gorgeous and fun with some interesting quirks. I'll probably see it again at some point and it will definitely be added to my rotation of background movies while I work.
That new trident is absolutely going to be added to my build list, i need it on my wall.

Yes!!! I plan on cooking one of these up as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back