1/650 Ent D

REL

Sr Member
Here's a pic of the Ertl for size comparison. I have most of it sculpted out now, stay tuned for updates.

D_002.jpg

Ditto on me as well. I still regret not getting the E-E. I just have a much larger soft spot in my heart for the D though.

-Gary

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leplant @ Mar 5 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1432539[/snapback]</div>
That is going to be huge :D I missed out on your E :cry I am not going to miss another one.
[/b]

These threads break my heart (and make me cuss both my lack of talent and lack of funds) but I line up for the abuse just the same. :)
Looking forward to seeing this take shape (Voyager and The Defiant are my favorite ships, but I love them all.)

REL your work is jaw dropping..

Personally the Ent. - D is my least favorite of the line, but I'm going to enjoy the hell outta watching your progress pictures .

Still refining the shape. This is the hardest part of the whole ship (for me) so I want to get this out of the way first.

D_019.jpg

D_020.jpg

Rockin'. Don't forget to work the word "Ugly" into the hull plating on the upper port "wing".

-Sarge

Lookin' spiffy. (as usual) :eek

A question: Is that a thin layer of auto body filler over foam?

Reminds me of my bodywork days when I owned a Chevy Vega. :)

Hey you made it on here. Yep that's bondo over the foam, I'll sand that down smooth, get the shape all correct, then lay down one layer of lightweight fiberglass over that.

Magnificent, Rich. I know you're not very far along with this (still working on the top of the secondary hull), but even so I can tell this build is already shaping up very nicely. If your previous Ent-E project is any indication, this is going to be awesome... :D

which studio model you using as a reference? I think there was an 8 footer and a 4 footer, then they came out with a 6 footer to take the place of the 4 and 8. I may be wrong tho

There was no 8 Footer. They started with a 6 for the pilot and the best of both worlds.
Most of the show used the 4 footer. They also used the 6 footer for ST Generations as
well as a 12 foot saucer for the crash sequence.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back