1/650 Ent D

I've been in love with this ship since 1987, and you've definitely done a wonderful job of bringing it to 1:650 life. As much as I'd love to fill in the gaps to have a full Enterprise Legacy display in the same 1:350 scale as the PL Enterprise-refit kit, that would be just too damn unwieldy. *chuckle* I'll leave my Galaxy-scale sihps in my 1:1400 fleet. :)

I would, however, maybe like to talk techniques with you. PM or e-mail, I suppose, unless I start an R&D thread in this section. A lot of what you've done with this would translate well to my 1:350 Excelsior back-burner project. I have a few things I want to clear off my docket first, but that is definitely something I want to have done at some point. :)

--Jonah

I know it's not to scale with the Bandai Enterprise kit, which is 1:850, and would probably be the scale I'd prefer, but would probably never be able to afford, though I'll definitely watch that kits creation for sure! :thumbsup

I have a feeling that the 1:1000 scale is going to dominate with the majority in the Starship arena very soon. And better yet... REL and crew have the ability to do them all. :D So we know they would be precise and of great quality! :D

REL - Anythign new on the "D"? I know you have a few irons in the fire... but this one has been quiet for a little while - and its totally awesome!

Also are you serious about a 1/1000? Or were you just messin' with us mere modeling mortals that need a kit to create this level of coolnesss ;)

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
I made a few new molds for this project, namely a new neck mold that will now have the option of making the neck one piece hollow, instead of two pieces. I don't know if that'll make building easier or not, but the option is there.

D_209.jpg

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL RICHARD!!! (y)cool:thumbsup Nicely done! Thank you for this awesome update! :D

I made a few new molds for this project, namely a new neck mold that will now have the option of making the neck one piece hollow, instead of two pieces. I don't know if that'll make building easier or not, but the option is there.

D_209.jpg

Thanks guys.

Actually, those molds were about 80% recycled rubber from other molds, so it wasn't as bad as you'd think, lol.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back