Back to the Future Markpoon 2015 Jacket Mods

For the sound chip, I would recommend a board that can have the sounds loaded via USB, and not the record with a mic type. Like this one:

200S USB MP3 with 5 Buttons Device Voice Music Sound Music Record Recorder | eBay

I've uploaded the sounds here: https://www.mediafire.com/?137vnaqbzyglb7e

I cleaned hem up a bit to remove as much background noise as possible, such as Marty pattn himself down durin the drying clip.

I figure this would e the ideal setup, just not sure how to go about it. Brad, how did yo wire the LED to the sound module?

Functionality and rough placement.jpg

Last edited:
Nice booshman those sounds are good. Well done. Can honestly say that im very excited about this jacket now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice booshman those sounds are good. Well done. Can honestly say that im very excited about this jacket now.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double post my phone didnt want to play nice

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I first signed up for this site. I was 16 and have been a Back to the Future fan since I was 15. I was sitting in my dad's apartment on my laptop searching how to make the jacket. I stumbled upon this site where another member made an impressive at the time Jacket out of a walmart jacket, red drawer liner, and weatherstrips. After that I attempted my own, which was the first thread I made here. I then used the skills I learned to make an even better jacket which I sold. I actually have the original in a closet back home. In that time I inspired a handful of people to make their own too or finish theirs. Jedifyfe even told me that someone at a Con recognized his first jacket that he made as my design. Brad put some of his own cool touches of course.

And so I always wanted a jacket that obviously didn't look homemade, and Mark made that possible. Now we're here. It's been a long time coming, so lets make history.

Last edited:
Brad, how did yo wire the LED to the sound module?

just solder the positive and negative wires to the led and then to the back of the speaker where the wires come from the sound board.

Ha ha ha! I assume by your requests that these are approved :)
jedifyfe, your the man that pioneered me to make my first jacket, so yes I would be happy to cast some for you!

Awesome man! Yes I approve. Glad you are taking my jacket idea to another level. Well done. PM sent to you.

Honestly those rubber pieces aren't the correct shape and the cuff is too wide. I believe U2fan used similar shaped pieces for his jacket.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if polyutherene rubber is going to work, we have tried that & it is heavy, take note the jacket itself is pretty heavy due to the red rubber sheets so adding polyutherene rubber belts is going to weight the jacket down & its going to either kill you or make you lose a few pounds ;) the original belt is made of plastic & since mine is plastic, you can't get more accurate than this :thumbsup

Ha ha ha! I assume by your requests that these are approved :)
jedifyfe, your the man that pioneered me to make my first jacket, so yes I would be happy to cast some for you!
guys obviously the belt and cuffs are cast in polyutherene rubber, so are the belt buttons and arm retractors, would you think resin would be better for the these or would you prefer rubber? I could do both at request but obviously the belt and cuffs would be rubber.
thanks again for the interest and what I persevere as a thumbs up!

I agree with Mark. If you want more accuracy I would stick with Mark's pieces. They're the closest thing you can get to the movie.

I'm not sure if polyutherene rubber is going to work, we have tried that & it is heavy, take note the jacket itself is pretty heavy due to the red rubber sheets so adding polyutherene rubber belts is going to weight the jacket down & its going to either kill you or make you lose a few pounds ;) the original belt is made of plastic & since mine is plastic, you can't get more accurate than this :thumbsup

It depends on the shore hardness. If the polyurethane is a low shore hardness it won't weigh much at all.

As for screen accuracy, the jacket itself should be latex instead of faux vinyl.

my jacket is constructed from faux leather, not vinyl & it has got the texture & feel that is very close to the dark grey latex used to put together the screen used jacket, you guys will see what I mean when you have the jacket on hand next month :thumbsup

It depends on the shore hardness. If the polyurethane is a low shore hardness it won't weigh much at all.

As for screen accuracy, the jacket itself should be latex instead of faux vinyl.

Thanks for your comments Mark, polyutherene works well and has a lot of durability, the cuffs and waist band combined only weight 700g but it all depends on what you're using it for? I personally won't be bowling about the streets of Essex in this thing, it is for display but can also be worn as i will be when i go to the London Secret Cinema Back to the Future screening in August, they are building in a secret location in London a 1985 and 1955 FULL Hill Valley town and you will travel form each time period in a Deloreon and then they show a screening of the movie and after all that you attend the Enchartment Under the Sea dance!! HOW COOL cant wait! it sold out in seconds! Have a google!

700g is alot of weight & I'm not sure if my jacket's waist & cuff area can hold that kind of weight... anyway, those getting a set from Georgedawestie can try it out & let us all know :D

Thanks for your comments Mark, polyutherene works well and has a lot of durability, the cuffs and waist band combined only weight 700g but it all depends on what you're using it for? I personally won't be bowling about the streets of Essex in this thing, it is for display but can also be worn as i will be when i go to the London Secret Cinema Back to the Future screening in August, they are building in a secret location in London a 1985 and 1955 FULL Hill Valley town and you will travel form each time period in a Deloreon and then they show a screening of the movie and after all that you attend the Enchartment Under the Sea dance!! HOW COOL cant wait! it sold out in seconds! Have a google!

Its 60 shore, got some advice from a prop expert before i parted with my cash as i only buy the best! ;)
60 is very durable and i have based the weight on my first casting, these can be cast as thin or thick as you like without losing any of its qualities.

........as for the jacket material i am looking at casting this in red latex, very thinly then adding black/grey for the backing to get the movie jacket material look!
This is my next project which i will start once i have my man cave/workshop. :D

I remember someone talking about filling Mark's belt and cuffs with soft foam to give it more structure. Polyurethane soft expanding foam is what would work. Some research would have to be done to make sure the foam is soft enough to be flexible and not make the jacket stiff.

Last edited:
just solder the positive and negative wires to the led and then to the back of the speaker where the wires come from the sound board.

Brad, could you point out on here where you mean, Is it this part?

11.jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Brad, could you point out on here where you mean, Is it this part?

View attachment 340836

OK I sussed it out. Attach the positive at where the wire leaves the soundboard to the speaker. Attach the negative where the wires from the buttons attach to the sound board, second one along along or any even number, which I would assume means they're the negative ones.
111.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back