Dr Who K-9 Dog Collar?

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone know where to source one of these from, are the commercially available or is the cloth pattern? Im looking to get a smaller sized one for my small RC K9 to replace the plastic one it comes with.

collar.jpg

I believe it's just a generic tartan... I've not seen anything that matches exactly. The pattern changed a bit over the years varying either from different collars or different K9s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kylash327 @ Feb 28 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]1429045[/snapback]</div>
Anyone know where to source one of these from, are the commercially available or is the cloth pattern? Im looking to get a smaller sized one for my small RC K9 to replace the plastic one it comes with.
collar.jpg

[/b]

It's a Tartan of some design, but no one has ever to really been able to determine what Tartan it is exactly. A close Tartan, for one design collar K9 has had, is the Buchanan Ancient Tartan. I've been working on that portion for K9 on my build up, and this weekend tried a 'proof of concept' method of making a collar. I took a 'blank' leather belt from a leather shop and used fabric glue to attach some Tartan to the belt. Here's what I came up with.

<div align="center">
02-25-07-K9TartanCollar.jpg
</div>

My concern is though that humidity or wear and tear will work the material loose or threads may continue to work lose. I think I may redo it by sewing the tartan cloth together, reverseing the cloth and sliding the leather into the tartan sleeve, thus hiding the sewing and keeping it from further unravelling.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back