My comic style batman WIP

bigtrev503

I had a hush style cowl, and while it was beautiful (Reevz cowls are the best), it was sculpted for a head a bit bigger than mine. I sold it and got this one, you see below:

I'm shooting for something loosely close to this when I'm done:

I will update this thead as I go. My (current) problem is that the cowl is just a tiny bit too big.

I've since quit smoking. Haven't had a cig in about a month

You can really see here that it's a tad big.

too big

I've been going over ideas for how to pad it. I've seen some people attach "furniture foam" to a spandex suit, sculpt it, then skin it with more stretchy fabric. I thought about making a head pillow like that. The most slack is on the back of my head and neck area. I've seen this done badly before as well, which results in a 'floating cowl' effect. I want to avoid that.

Any suggestions? I have this square of foam I bought for general padding purposes.

You think I could use it?

I want to come up with a removable solution so I can clean it when it get's sweaty.

I bought a cheap Halloween bat cowl and it was slightly loose on my head, so to make it look tighter to my face, I added some cheap folded blanket pieces as padding behind my ears and the padding met in the back of the cowl. While it padded, it also pushed my face closer toward the front of the mask. I wore it for about 3 hours straight, my padding wasn't permanent so it kept slipping when I moved my head sideways. Hope that helps

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back