Custom decals experts ?

GF

Sr Member
DSC04067.JPG

I want to refurbish my stainless steel gas stove front control panel section which has some dings and scratches, basically I need to remove the clearcoat by wet sanding and by doing so it will remove the brand logo Frigidaire gallery and the on and off writing ect.... does anyone know what type of custom decals I need ?

Gerardo

Last edited:
Can you post a picture?

photo added, the only section of the stove that is clearcoated is the control panel, the rest of the stove is bare stainless steel, since that area is prone to a lot of touching they figured it was best to add a protective coat to minimise fingerprints.

Thanks

Last edited:
Instead, you could try 91% rubbing alcohol; that may cut through the clearcoat without removing the frigidare logo.

I absolutely have to wet sand down to the bare stainless steel to remove the deep scratches and dents, then recoat.

I would have purchased a new front panel in a heart beat to avoid the headaches but the part is discontinued, only the functional parts are available, the oven is like brand new and well taking care of but of course the wife had to drop a freaking pot lid and dent the panel duuuuuh.

Gerardo

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back